jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Found another plagiarist

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

My 2nd best performing hub has been copied by someone on blogspot. It actually has been there since last year but I just found it today. So, I just filed a DCMA with Google and it will be gone soon. I notice he has copied the other 2 articles. He has probably forgotten about the blog.

What I find funny is that I have a link to the original article in the text and so now I have a backlink from him smile Not that it will give me anything from this crappy site.

My article is still tops on Google and third overall for the category.

1. cloverleaffarm profile image81
      cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have never thought to check for this. Thanks for the info.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

It never ends. I am glad you found him.  How did you do it?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I just copied some text from my hub and pasted it into Google. I do it occasionally. This one was still getting good traffic so I hadn't checked it before.

4. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

This site captured one of mine.  It's like a photo of articles.  My article has all formatting, photos, HP logo etc intact.  Even has my hub comments. I would have thought it just linked to my hub, except navigation bar shows otherwise, and I found the site by copying a line from my hub and pasting into Google. 

http://www. pearltrees.com/ #/N-f=1_3132142&N-fa=2282671&N-p=23263653&N-play=0&N-s=1_3132142&N-u=1_216049

5. DawnSings profile image59
    DawnSingsposted 4 years ago

Seems like integrity is seriously lacking! That is not in the spirit of blogging-what I like so much about it are the personal experiences shared!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82

Blogger took the article down. The blog is still up though...all 2 posts. I have a feeling he may have gotten dinged before.

7. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

I'm glad you found him.

8. Lizam1 profile image81
    Lizam1posted 4 years ago

Question - to check for stealers I paste content from my hub pages into google search is that right?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just a snippet of text, not the entire article.  I put mine in quotation marks but have no idea if this is really necessary. smile