jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Back to try again!!

1. Vampsdes profile image85
    Vampsdesposted 4 years ago

Hi my name is Jennifer, I joined several months ago and wrote a couple of hubs and quickly left.  I admit I had trouble navigating the site and find I still do.  Though I haven't put much effort into really digging, after about an hour I finally found some success stories and this forum.

After reading some posts from people, this community seems to be awesome!  Everyone out there seems to be so friendly!  I'm really going to try and stick with it this time and work on getting to know the site! Any advice anyone has to offer would be great!  I'm curious as to how the traffic is now as it's been awhile since the Panda update.  Also, how do you go about getting fans and people to leave comments??

1. cloverleaffarm profile image80
      cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello, Jennifer. I think you will find the community here very "tight" knit. While I have been on here for 4 years, I have only recently started to write full time. Start following writers that you like, and you will soon find them following you. Also, I facebook and tweet all my hubs to get more people to come and read. It took awhile, but I know get regular comments.  I started doing this full time at the end of Feb, and I have almost 200 followers. I know I follow more than follows me, but that is okay. Hub Hop, and leave comments. These hubbers will find you. Be active as much as you can in the community , and forums.
      Welcome back, and have fun!

Vampsdesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much!  I will certainly do that and try to read as many hubs as I can!  Being very "tight" knit is a good thing!  smile

2. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

My traffic and earnings started to recover with the subdomain switch, and with the 6 mo anniversary of Feb Panda.  Traffic/earnings were fabulous Oct/Nov/Dec 2011, and steadily declined Jan 2012 forward.  Traffic has zigged and zagged about 30-40% over the course of the week for a few months now. 

Fans and comments, which are almost exclusively from the HubPages community have virtually zero bearing on traffic and earnings.  If you desire them none-the-less for the HubLove of it all, then read and comment intelligently on hubs and in the forums.

Vampsdesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that traffic picks back up soon!

1. TamCor profile image82
        TamCorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome back and good luck!!!

3. Vampsdes profile image85
    Vampsdesposted 4 years ago

Thanks TamCor, I'm really excited and i'm going to work on perfecting my writing and hubs!