Google ads and hub page views don't match up

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 4 years ago

Is it normal for my hubpagges account to claim I received a certain amount of page views a day and my adsense account to claim I make about half of that amount of page views a day? Shouldn't they both be the same? If I get a certain amount of page views on hubpages a day aren't those the same page views google adsense should receive? confused:(

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well I found this answer on google adsense:"

Why don't the reports in my account match my own statistics?"

"We count page views and impressions only when our ad code is executed by a user's browser. There are therefore several factors that would cause a discrepancy between the statistics that you register in your logs and those listed in your AdSense account. Instances that wouldn't execute the code include:

Spiders, robots or crawlers from other search engines
      Browsers that don't have JavaScript enabled or don't support JavaScript
      Browsers that don't support the <iframe> tag
      Programmes that people may have written to grab website content
      Also, if your pages display multiple ad units, keep in mind that AdSense will show multiple ad unit impressions for each page view."

The discrepancy though is pretty big in my case, I wonder if this is the same for other hub users?

2. ankitharrytom profile image80
      ankitharrytomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it is simply because your Adsense pub-id is shown only 60% of the times. So, it means that Hubpages counts you total page views whereas Adsense accounts only 60% when your pub-id is used.