jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is it better to create sub profiles or keep 1 big one?

1. ThunderKeys profile image79
    ThunderKeysposted 4 years ago

I find myself writing about Counseling, Organizational Leadership and Team Building.

Does it make sense for traffic's sake, social media and onpage seo to create sub profiles for each?  Or, is it better to keep it all together under 1 profile?

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good question. I've thought about the same thing myself. I guess it depends on whether you want to establish yourself more professionally with one maybe. However definitely the money part can be an issue because in the short term it will take far longer to hit your payout. Then again if you are here for the long term maybe it's better to split now before you write too much.  Arrrr. Hope I didn't confuse you smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Rebekah, keep them together.

Your sub-domain is stand-alone to some extent, though it has extensive linking from the rest of HubPages.  Google likes "authority" sites and is likely to treat a larger sub-domain with more respect than a small one.

If you were thinking of writing 100+ Hubs on each topic, maybe you could afford to separate them - but otherwise, I'd keep them together and organize them into Groups.

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I know there are different views on this, but these are clearly topics that work together. I would keep them together in one sub domain. You can keep them grouped and link them together and they have the same author.  If you're signed up for HP ads, you would have to reach payout on each sub domain if you separated them.
    It's probably easier to reach a decent page rank with your hubs linked together on one sub domain.

1. ThunderKeys profile image79
      ThunderKeysposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions rebekahELLE

3. ThunderKeys profile image79
    ThunderKeysposted 4 years ago

Yes, WorkAtHomeMums I was thinking more about on page SEO.

For example, will having a username that is directly related to to Hub post titles increase page views?

Well from a keyword perspective it can only help can't it.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I personally would keep them together because there are definitely a thread that can run through all of them.  You would then be seen as an expert over a broader category - workplace issues, or psychology for example.  Besides, all of these seem like they would have a very similar audience.  Someone interested in one is likely to be interested in the others.

Good point.

working