HubPages won't allow me to answer a question that another Hubber asked

1. TheMusiconomy profile image84
    TheMusiconomyposted 4 years ago

HubPages won't allow me to answer a question that another Hubber asked. After I submitted my answer, HubPages posted in red at the top of my screen saying that "I already answered a similar answer to a different question recently." So I decided to check all of my previous answers and I could not find anything remotely similar.

Any suggestions?

1. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi TheMusiconomy,

As part of our spam prevention efforts we do indeed prevent users from repeatedly posting answers which are very similar to other answers that they have posted.  we use techniques that are widely used in the industry for this.  Overall, this is a good thing: it prevents quite a bit of spam, and improves the experience on the site for everyone.

However, sometimes it prevents good answer.  I'm not sure what question or answer you are specifically referring to.  But you can see your own answers here:

http://hubpages.com/my/activity/answers

I see that many of your answers relate to learning music.  It's possible that you were trying to post an answer that was too similar to one of these answers.  Granted, it's possible that you were posting an answer to a question which was itself very similar to one that you had previously answered.  However, our system will still trigger this message for you in that case.

working