Hubpages Mobile: new, serious bug (ads gone, error message on load)

1. Greekgeek profile image96
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

As of this morning, when I view ANY hub, I get this popup on iPad (with the hubber's domain name):

After I click "OK", the hub does actually load, but all advertising is missing. If this bug is true for all mobile web devices, that's 500,000 pageviews a day with no advertising revenue.

This popup also appears when I try to approve comments in the dashboard. Until today, we couldn't edit hubs with mobile devices (which really needs to be fixed, as more and more of us just take a tablet when traveling) but we could at least approve and respond to comments on our hubs.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There has (to the best of my knowledge) never been any advertising in HubPages mobile view.  It's not a bug, they actually designed it that way, and that's what I've seen in the mobile view since 2010 when I got my iPad and the HubPages app first was made.

And they've also never made it so you could edit Hubs via mobile devices, app or not.  I've still got the email I sent HubPages admin on my iPad from April 2010 where I reviewed how the HubPages site worked with the 1st gen iPad, and made a whole bunch of recommendations.

This site has a long-standing history of being behind the 8-ball, not ahead of it, so don't hold your breath on any of these requests. Remember, the community was screaming about low quality hubs needing to be cracked down on for over a year, and admin didn't respond until Panda came up and bit them in several tender spots.

3. Greekgeek profile image96
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Okay, so the no ads are a feature and not a bug. (I coulda sworn I was seeing ads when I viewed hubs until now, because my iPad has rapidly become my laptop, but my memory is fuzzy).

I maintain that this new bug of having a popup telling you to reload any hub you visit, before you've had a chance to view it, is probably something they want to think about fixing.

Also, it would be nice to restore the functionality we had yesterday re: approving and responding to comments.