jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Totally ticked! Hub stolen

1. 0
    donnaMhicksposted 4 years ago

I had one of my hubs taken down becausae I "published it elsewhere." It was some time later that I got an email to my response that I absolutely did not, and the woman who published the article alleged to be mine is not be, but is a writer for Examiner! She has committed copyright infringement as well as plagiarized nearly the whole article, minus a couple of sentences! She combined my article with other info, which I suspect may also be plagiarized and claimed it as her own! Now I have to check to see if she stole my other hubs!

I did respond to the email and let HubPages know it is not me with that Examiner article; I have never, ever written for Examiner.She lives in Los Angeles; (I have never even visited LA!)I live in Ohio.

If HubPages had not provided me the link, I would never have known. Here is my hub she stole, combining it with another one to make one article. She changed 2 words of the title; I guess she thought she wouldn't be found out. If you click her name at the top of the page, it will take you to her other articles so you can see if any of yours are there. I know how much we value and respect everyone's hard work, not just our own. If anyone cares to check to see if she has plagiarized your hard work-
    http://www.examiner.com/article/female- … et-anymore

Needless to say I'm totally ticked, but I'm letting HubPages handle it for now. Hopefully, she will get the message that she can't steal other people's hard work...even if she does live in Los Angeles and I live a couple thousand miles aaway in Ohio!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Since we do not own your Hubs, we legally can not assert copyright on your behalf. I would read this Learning Center entry for suggestions on steps to take when someone copies your Hubs without your permission:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP will not take this further for you; you will have to do it yourself and file a DMCA with examiner.com if a friendly email to the editor doesn't work.

2. 0
    donnaMhicksposted 4 years ago

Yes, I know that now; I just got an email. But I did not want to do anything until I heard back from HubPages. Now I will be filing that complaint. I just hope others will check to see if she's used their work as well. She seems to be on a writing roll the past several weeks!

The nerve of some people who try to benefit from the hard work of others!

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I visited the link. I see that there is an option there for you to post a comment for all the world to see...

Including her bosses I would imagine...

3. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

What chutzpah! I hope that this gets resolved in your favor soon.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Examiner is a content site similar to HubPages.  I am sure they will take it down if you send a DMCA notice.

Oops, I was thinking newspaper. Paradigmsearch goes for Twinkie and cup of coffee...

1. 0
        donnaMhicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

you are so funny! I needed the laugh!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, it's a little different than a content site. You are assigned a geographical area and a topic to write about. You used to be able to delete your posts but they don't let you anymore.

I think you have to report the copied article to Examiner. I'm sure they have a flag somewhere.

You can send a report here : http://www.examiner.com/abuse/report/node/46290791

1. 0
          donnaMhicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I already filed the complaint after the great guidance I got from HP when I asked how to go about filing the DMCA complaint. Hopefully I will get a response soon. I don't play around with stuff like this. I believe all of us who are honest enough to put in the hard work of researching and writing our hubs/articles deserve not to have that hard work and research stolen, with someone else getting credit and compensation for it.