jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Makeover?

1. busygal profile image60
    busygalposted 4 years ago

http://busygal.hubpages.com/hub/busygal … acuum-suck
    New at this and in need of guidance. Be gentle.

1. Robie Benve profile image94
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hubpages busygal!
      You did great with your first hub! I like your sense of humor and how you make your vacuum cleaner experience fun and interesting.
      I like your writing style, and how you used several text capsules. Maybe you could add a photo of your Shark, or even you or your husband vacuuming, that would be a great addition.
      Good job! smile

2. cloverleaffarm profile image81
      cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I enjoyed it. After owning a cleaning business for years, I think I have tried every vacuum. Not a Shark though. Too expensive for employees to break.
      I agree with all...pics tell a thousand words!
      Have a great day!

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

have your hubby wear an apron wink lol just kidding smile

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. You are off to a great start.  Great language, humor, and an honest review.  I agree that photos would be the best addition here.

4. Be Pain Free profile image82
    Be Pain Freeposted 4 years ago

Hi busygal. I agree about your excellent writing style. Great narrative flow and attention to detail. Along with a few pictures (get ones that are cleared for commercial use here: flickr commercial images) (oh, and cite them properly, as detailed here: Legal Image Use), consider changing your title to make it more search-friendly.

Imagine that you're on Google, looking for vacuum recommendations. What will you type? Probably "vacuum reviews" or "best vacuum." Include some of these words. "Does your vacuum suck? A review of the best". Now, imagine that you've typed your search terms, and you're browsing. Which one will you click? I'd click the one with your funny title (maybe after looking at a few exhaustive reviews). Best of luck!

1. busygal profile image60
      busygalposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great advise; thanks for the photo's links. Love the title change idea, I'll do it right away.