jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

New Slideshow feature: Pin It button even though we Disable it on hub!

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

I really like the new slideshow feature and the "see related slideshows" feature, but...There is a problem with the new feature.

The "Pin It" button is there!!! Some of us have chose to block the ability to pin our photos in our hubs, but now the thieves can readily Pin It anyways in the slideshow.

Please allow the Disabling we have already done to work in the slideshows also.

It doesn't matter if people can easily steal if they want to, just take one step to slow them down and not "suggest" it to them with the button in plain site. (Out of site, out of mind)

Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I still have the "Pin It" button in my slideshow!!!

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

Good catch, Michael.  Definitely going to be an issue for some hubbers who want that disabled.  Hopefully HP will remedy this soon.

I hope they do and fix it soon too.

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
        wordscribe43posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking maybe you should leave a comment here (it's on HP's blog... about the new slideshow design).

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/04/slideshow/

Thanks. I probably will there and e-mail staff also. It must be an over-sight by staff.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

I noticed that ever since HP added the new slideshow format on April 19th, we not longer have the option to shut it off. And the Pinterest button is in the slideshow, but not in the Hub itself, when we shut it off in the profile setting.

I just posted a note in the slideshow blog about these two problems.

4. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

I posted yesterday in the slideshow blog. Guess HP doesn't care since my response was not listed. I know they moderate them and someone who wrote today was posted and mine from yesterday is not there.
    Why would a site want to "suggest" someone to steal from another hubber with the Pin button? We get the option to opt-out on our hubs, so HP just goes around us to allow it anyways.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Michael,

Yep, I see the other fellow's post that was approved today. My post, explaining the two bugs, was not approved either yet. Weird.

5. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 4 years ago

When a photo is pinned, a link is often stuck to the photo and when in pinterest, a click on the photo will take you to the link it originated.

Until there is a re-pin and the link/attribution gets lost. Point is, I do Not approve anyone pinning my photos.

1. Whitney05 profile image63
        Whitney05posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok. I was just making a comment that many photos provide a linkback to the original site that the image was pinned. This provides a nice link and more views on the page if it is continued to be re-pinned once it gets to pinterest. Re-pins often maintain the link.

But I do understand not wanting your image posted if the link is not there. You can always copyright your images so that the watermark maintains throughout the re-pins.

Someone can still copy your images onto Paint, Photoshop, or some other program, and upload them to pinterest. This can occur whether you have the button on your page or not.

Then HP unpublishes your hubs if you watermark/copyright your images.  I know you are trying to be helpful Whitney. I just do not like Pinterest and want nothing to do with it or any of my images there.
          I find it kind of going-behind-our-backs for the Pinterest Button to be in the slideshow AFTER we opted-out of the Pinterest button on our hubs. Then my comment in the blog ignored as it may be here by staff also.

1. Whitney05 profile image63
            Whitney05posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Gotcha. Like you said, just trying to help out.
            I understand if you don't like them and opted out of the feature, but you can't prevent someone from stealing your images and uploading them via pinterests upload option when you log into a pinterest account.

I understand that. I prefer to not have the "suggestion to go ahead and steal it button" on my images/slideshow.

working