jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Score and traffic.

1. billd01603 profile image87
    billd01603posted 4 years ago

How exactly are Hub scores figured? I looked into the Learning Center and the answer I got was vague. I have 8 Hubs and my highest score is 79 for one of my weakest Hubs, but my best performing Hub is a 72. (I'm basing performance on # of hits.

Also, I.m pleased with the number of stats on this site. I can really gauge the performance of Hubs. However is there a stat where I can measure the daily average of the # of hits?

I'm hoping a Hubber with more experience can answer these questions for me

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The criteria used to set HubScore are:

- Amount of traffic - including percentage from reputable sources other than HubPages

- The reputation of the Hubber - your Hubber Score and contribution to the community

- The response of readers to your Hub - including comments, thumbs up, etc.

- The uniqueness of content - copying content already available on the web will be highly penalized

HubPages doesn't give us any more detail than that - but really, it's not worth worrying about, because HubScore doesn't mean much. As you've discovered, it tells you nothing about how profitable or successful a Hub is going to be!  So the best thing to do with HubScore is ignore it.

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Any moment now a more experienced Hubber will come along and tell you to search the forums for answers to the questions you have asked then go look at the learning center again.

I won't do that. I will just say that hub scores are a mystery of higher mathematics related (so it is rumored) to hubitivity, visitor numbers, accolades and some kind of random cycling factor.

Averages, I tend to do in my head.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful

3. billd01603 profile image87
    billd01603posted 4 years ago

Thanks Marisa and Will