jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do i get followers

1. brookeandscotty profile image60
    brookeandscottyposted 4 years ago

I am a new hubber and would like to know had to get followers and more to read my hubs?  what is a good number of views per week?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Cagsil says, you get followers by being active in the community. 

However, you don't earn money by having followers.  The HubPages community is quite small and there simply aren't enough people here to make a significant audience.  To earn money, you need readers from outside HubPages.  The community features of HubPages (scores, followers etc) have very little to do with that - so just do it for the enjoyment of interacting with other writers.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

Getting followers is easily done by participating within HubPages Community. You can take part in the forums as you're doing. People will get to know you and probably check out what you write about.

You can ask questions in the question section, which will draw attention of other people. Don't ask foolish questions, such as things which can be answered yes or no.

You can read and comment on people's articles(hubs). Some people just into those who read their hubs, like I do. When someone leaves a comment on any hub of mine, I always go to their profile, unless I know them already.

You can even post updates of your own status on the FEED which constantly runs and other people will interact with you that way.

As for a good number of views? Well, don't rush things. Get familiar with HubPages, it's rules. Visit the Learning Center and make sure to read the TOS and FAQ's page, if you haven't done so already.

Other than that, enjoy. smile

3. Amy Gillie profile image92
    Amy Gillieposted 4 years ago

I have found that I get the most followers by commenting on hubs with real, insightful comments (not just "great hub!"). I also publish new hubs fairly often, so they show up in the news feed. I would also recommend trying the Hub Hopper, which will allow you to read hubs on topics you wouldn't necessarily seek out. Leave a comment and see where it goes!

4. brookeandscotty profile image60
    brookeandscottyposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your comments