jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

A VERY Promising Looking New Hubpages Author.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

The first things I published on this website were crap...and I do mean awful.

Most often when I see someone new's work....it is ugly, and didn't look like much work or thought had gone into it.

Well, this morning I saw a interesting subject addressed, and I was amazed to find that ...it was the only thing this person had published on this site.

So in an effort to be somewhat encouraging...I thought I'd tell folks about the person here.

http://whowas.hubpages.com/

Very good work for a one hub published.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Yep.. wow.  That should be a shoe in for HOTD.

Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Mark.  I think so too....if I knew where to cast my vote for that - no wait...me voting for something like that would have the opposite effect, prolly.

3. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Best read that I have had all day - much better than any of mine.. lol

Better than any of mine too!  I can't even talk about mythical liquor drinking characters without cursing the president!

1. LeanMan profile image80
        LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Its Friday night here.. maybe I should try a little Liquor drinking.. .. and damn the president....

It's what I do all day every day...drink barleycorn and scribble on the web!

4. rebekahELLE profile image93
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Wow, I love finding amazing hubs like that, and what an impressive profile. It's evident he is a real writer. Thanks for posting the link.

Always did love the Traffic John Barleycorn!

Thank you very much, Beautiful Lady!!!  I think the guy should be encouraged to the max to participate in this community - glad that you agree!

5. againsttheodds profile image83
    againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago

Great hub and looks like it will be an interesting series of Who was articles, but WAY too good to be a first hub.  Perhaps, this person lurks elsewhere among the Hubpages.

You know - that is VERY POSSIBLE!!!!

I've considered a second account - that could very well be someone's mystery account.

...but ...please don't think I'm that devious to do that..and promote it here.

Also - I just couldn't pull of a second account.  I'd slam Obama or something, and folks would figure me out instantly.

6. againsttheodds profile image83
    againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago

Well Wesman, I wasn't implicating you. Just suggesting that it is some serious quality to be someone's first attempt.  Sorry if I blew your cover.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ain't me!!!!!!!!!!  I take pride in putting my name on my insanity!!!!!!!!!!

7. Debby Bruck profile image86
    Debby Bruckposted 4 years ago

Wow! Wes, aren't you kind to highlight someone who wrote just one hub and send out some buzz. I'm going to check it out right now.

Well Thanks, Debby - I try to be kind sometimes.....but I'm not so sure I'm really that kind of a person.  That sentence was strange...unintentional.  I like it!

I just noticed when I saw the thing that there was just one follower and one hub - so I thought I'd promote it all, as I do think it was a very good hub for a one hub profile.

1. Debby Bruck profile image86
        Debby Bruckposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Wes. Super Hubpages. I left a love note and rated up.

working