jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Traffic exchange

1. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

Is trafficadbar considered as a traffic exchange? I asked this on the Q/A But my question is awaiting review, I don't know why. I am posting it here because I don't want my hub to be unpablished. Actually, I unpublished it and deleted its URL from trafficadbar. I added its Url There yesterday to receive this warning today: "This hub appears to be receiving traffic from a traffic exchange". What I don't get is how I received this message while I read somewhere that some hubbers use it? I'm new to all this, may anyone help me understand what happened.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It looks like a way to increase traffic.  How can that possibly work without cheating?  What happens to your account if you use a traffic exchange? You get banned.

Seems to me that the answer is obvious.

Nothing that says it will boost your traffic is worth going near.

Play the slow long game.  Write stuff people want to visit.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Mark. I'm doing that now. It is a slow long game, but the traffic I get is the real thing and it increases every month. Trying for something quick is not going to work, and may cause you trouble.

forallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is the cost to pay for being curious about something we ignore tongue I don't have to be curious again. Thanks for clearing it Mark and Healthy.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Traffic Exchanges usage is against Google Adsense TOS and also HubPages' TOS.

Plain and simple, DO NOT use them.

The problem is that I had no idea about what is traffic exchange before. I'm late to ask about this, I know. Thank you Cagsil. I will stay away from this kind of websites.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A traffic exchange is exactly what it states it is. You exchange your time to traffic other sites while your site is circulated to others to visit. This is either done on site or via email clicking links. As far as I know any traffic generation source, most of which are in the MLM industry, are great sources for specific products, but not really articles.

You're welcome. wink smile

Well explained. Thanks smile smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile big_smile

working