jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Sites that Pay to Do Something Other than Writing Articles

1. DNemesis profile image61
    DNemesisposted 4 years ago

A month or two ago I found Slice the Pie, a site that pays you a few cents to write short reviews/opinions about music tracks. I found this rather unique. Granted, the pay isn't great, but it's a nice diversion from the good old 'write for money' thing.

This got me wondering:
    Anyone know of unusual sites that pay to do something OTHER than the usual article writing?

Ideally, i'm looking for:
    - Sites that pay for short opinions, simple tasks, something rather unique or not mentioned much

Not looking for:
    -Survey sites. God, I hate survey sites
    -AdSense, AdSense, AdSense

In short: Looking for anything unusual or fresh/unique that has somehow gotten lost and forgotten.

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Liveperson, allows you to give advice for money as well as writing students homework and other tasks...

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Writing students' homework?  Ethics, anybody?

In my experience, sites that pay money for reviews, answers etc pay very little.  The thing is, you often don't realize how much time you're wasting on those sites, so you don't realize how pathetic the pay actually is per hour.

1. tussin profile image61
          tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed 100%.  The same goes for essay mills.  The pay per word is much less than what a professional writer would make writing stuff that requires less research.  If a person had no ethical reservations about writing students' homework, they could make much more money setting up their own site, advertise on CL, and take payments through paypal.  Not that I'm suggesting anyone do this.

2. DNemesis profile image61
    DNemesisposted 4 years ago

Thanks! Thats what im talking about, lol.

In case this one helps:
    SupportSpace.com pays you to be an expert in any tech field. Clients communicate with you via chat, you help resolve their tech/computer problem, and you get paid. I got a few checks back in 2008 from them; they're very promising.

Any other hidden gems out there?

3. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 4 years ago

It depends on how you want to earn. POD sites are one possibility. These are long term ways to earn tho, not get rich quick or what have you. I use the site zazzle and while it took me like a year or more to start seeing sales happen with any regularity my first sale was within my first 3 weeks. I am now seeing sales every week (now to see them daily). I hate the promoting side of things and could probably do lots better if I was willing to write more squidoo lenses and do blogs and such but I prefer creating new designs to post on t-shirts and iPhone cases and what not. I suspect when I have 10,000 products posted (each design I do I post to everything possible) I will see those sales as a daily thing. It's hard work but its fun work and nothing like something I designed selling big_smile