jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Should HP/Google AdSense earnings be equal?

1. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I've noticed my Google AdSense earnings are only 10% of my HP earnings. I also noticed that Google only reports a fraction of the clicks/page views that HP reports on my hubs. Is something wrong?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Adsense and HP Ads are two totally separate things.

If you are using HP Ads, you will have very few Adsense ads on your Hubs, and therefore your Adsense income will almost disappear - because you're earning from HP Ads instead!

It's a good idea to switch off HP Ads, but do it for a full month, then check your month's earnings with Adsense alone, and compare it with your previous month's earnings with HP Ads and Adsense combined.

Most of us find that our combined HP Ads/Adsense income is higher than Adsense alone.  But there are a few, like Randy, who find that Adsense alone is better. It depends on what you're writing about and what kind of ads are being served.  So the only way to find out is to try it.  You can turn the HP Ads program on and off as many times as you like without losing access to it.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I assume you are using hubads?

If so your earnings are hubads earnings + adsense earnings.

And your adsense traffic excludes traffic that goes to Hubpages.

vespawoolfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I'm using Hubads. Okay, that's very helpful. Thanks!

1. jamiew12310 profile image81
        jamiew12310posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This month I've got over $10 from Hub Ad Program but less than 10 cents from Adsense...

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HPads will kill your Adsense earnings because of the fewer Adsense ads.  You seldom get those $3.00+ ad clicks when using HPads.  Besides, I dislike getting paid by HP instead of Amazon or Google.  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

So Randy, did you disable your HPads so only AdSense ads are displayed? It sounds like that might be the way to go.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
              Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I did.  And am quite pleased with the results so far.  Am in the process of removing all EBay capsules too as they are a joke for earning money through sales.  Someone else gets the commission from Ebay sales, certainly not us.

For example, I made a $500 sale on EBay and received $0.39 for that day.  The same sale on Amazon would have netted me at least $30.00.  A no-brainer, in my opinion! smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. vespawoolf profile image97

Thanks, jamiew12310. That's about where I am as well.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I make a lot more money from Hubads then Adsense alone--you need to observe before and after to know which is best for you.

4. vespawoolf profile image97

Marisa Wright, that is super helpful. Thank you for the useful advice. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

5. vespawoolf profile image97

Randy Godwin, I will see how it goes a month without HPads. I never signed up for Ebay for that reason. Thank you for sharing your experience with me!

6. vespawoolf profile image97

psycheskinner, thank you. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

working