jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Slide Shows for Images Suddenly Obligatory - not Fixable

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

All my images have suddenly been converted to slide shows when I turned off this option. The ability to turn this off is gone as the 'settings' tab no longer displays the option to turn it off.
    Anyone else notice this? Slide shows are not appropriate for my pages and they look silly.

1. Greekgeek profile image97
      Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's even making slide shows when a hub just has one picture, and the "show slideshow" strip is covering up the caption.

1. janderson99 profile image86
        janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have reported this but after far too many 'to's and fro's" send us evidence etc., etc., and long wait I thought I'd see if anyone else has similar problems. Looks like a bug.

2. janderson99 profile image86
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Response from HP just now  - Gone, Gone Gone

It appears the ability to disable a slideshow for suitable slideshow Hubs was removed several weeks ago. None of the Hubs you have cited have a slideshow in them at this time [all of them actually have slideshow imposed when I turned all off; but the show must go on, when I don't want it more pin pin pin I guess - break a leg!]. I apologize for the confusion caused by our insufficient communication on this change.

Here is a blog post that explains the changes to the slideshow feature:
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/04/slideshow/

----------------

Sadly respect for the authors appears to be waning

2. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I'm having that problem too. Some of my illustrations have in-image captions (not watermarks) to make them Pinterest-friendly, and that text is getting cut off by the slideshow overlay.

working