Have you ever received a strange/rude/mean comment on your hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 11 years ago

What to do?  This Hubber was 'sickened' by the content of my work, left a rude comment, and did not have the guts to email me, explaining what his/her point was.
    I know the topic of the Hub is quite controversial, but if he/she found it so terribly offensive, why on earth would he/she read it in the first place?
    Strange and cowardly.
    I will remain on HubPages because I know that most people on this site have more sense than to write such a childish thing.
    Yep-I'm steamed, but I will get over this and go on to have a great day.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 11 years ago

You could say a couple of my hubs are starting to resemble forums threads because of the comments left. I just go with the flow. Can't please everyone.

lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Jonathan, I completely agree with you-I think I'm p*ssed because in my over 2 years I've never received a comment like this. 
      I'll get over it in probably 10 minutes. tongue

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Dating and falling in love with a sixteen year old boy is disgusting for a grown woman.

If it had been a man and a girl, you wouldnt have gotten so many positive responses.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe drunk addicts dont have morals?

Wow, janesix-I'm amazed you'd publicly attack me this way.
        I deliberately left your name out of this, since I did want to give you privacy.  Oh well, someone will probably report this, but I won't.
        Looking forward to your next comment.

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are a predator who deliberately gained guardianship of a teenage boy who you were sexually attracted to. I have doubts that your intentions were platonic in nature.

1. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow - this is possibly one of the most judgmental comments I've ever come across in an HP forum.  Sad, really.  Perhaps it would be worth getting to know lorlie a little better before making these grossly negative assumptions about her character.

As an aside, predators don't generally stay married to their 'prey' for 21 years.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Yes!I wrote a hub about Rush Limbaugh and got bashed badly.  I tried to publish as many comments as possible, but the posters even started bashing each other, so I deleted anything that attacked another Hubber.  It does feel like you're in a war zone, though.  And yes, it will pass.

And Marcy-check out her comments here!
      smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Hi lorlie, I just choose to delete it specially if it does not contribute to the hub! Take care and have a good day!

6. internpete profile image86
    internpeteposted 11 years ago

Yeah, on one of my hubs about skimboarding, someone just posted, 'I'm a pro at this" haha sure!

7. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

Just deal with the negative comments same as the positive ones. People have the right to their opinions whether they are positive or negative. If we can't handle negative comments, then we shouldn't be putting our work on display for other people to comment on.

8. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

janesix does say some odd things, sometimes, in these forums. I wouldn't take it to heart.

ps I am sure she has good reason for the odd things that she says, so I wouldn't hold it against her too much, either.

Will, I agree with psycheskinner that this comment went over the top.  'Odd' is a bit mild for such behavior.

9. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

A good reason for referring to someone as 'disgusting' and a 'predator'?  I don't think so. That crosses a line.

10. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have received offensive ,rude and sickening comments. Those that have a different opinion does not offend me. I pick which ones will stay and which will be deleted.

11. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

Ok, she says extreme things. I take that as odd.

When something is genuinely extreme and unrealistic, a filter kicks in my brain. Whatever was said gets dumped in the bin marked 'too odd to be taken seriously'.

But I also run through the possible reasons for the overly extreme behavior.

12. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

I have had comments suggesting that I have sex with my mother/grandmother/daughter and dogs (at the same time)... and those are some of the milder comments - I guess that goes with the territory if you write about places like Saudi Arabia, for some reason a lot of the Saudis don't like it when I discuss subjects like dating in Saudi Arabia and Saudi Women...

If you write anything in the slightest controversial you will get some bad comments, in fact you could write about the smurfs and get bad comments from some people out there... just smile and hit the "deny" button and delete their ass...

13. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Lorlie, you make it clear in your hub that you stayed "just friends" until he reached legal age of consent and married you. Given this and the fact you have stayed together, I do not see how anyone can make any moral objections about your situation.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)