jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What can we do to keep our Adsense account safe?

1. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 4 years ago

I was reading a hub that said, "Use the AdSense account interface, Google Analytics, and various other tools to monitor your account activity on a daily basis. If you detect unusual account activity, including an unusually high number of clicks, report such activity to Google without delay by using the online form that is available for this purpose."

What does this mean, and how do we go about doing these things? What is the AdSense account interface? How would I use Google Analytics to catch this? What are the other tools that can be used? What and where can the online form to report activity be found?

Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this set of questions!

1. againsttheodds profile image83
      againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that you should be watching for anything out of the ordinary.  If you make $2 a day and all of a sudden you have a $20 day you should check into things. You should be using url channels to tell what page they came from so you can see if you received a load of clicks from a single page, if they came from a small amount of visitors, etc.  With so many people getting banned for what must be small violations you should probably take this monitoring seriously and see the info here:
      http://rimzim.hubpages.com/_12yk332elj2 … d-Quetions
      IN particular Question 7 has a link to the invalid click activity form.  I have used it to report even small variances even if I was unsure.  That way you are showing good faith and if your account is reviewed or flagged, you will be able to point to the fact that you have been diligent and honest with Google.  On your own sites where you have control, there are also plugins and tools to prevent clickbombs and the like, but that will have to be left to HP here.

2. againsttheodds profile image83
    againsttheoddsposted 4 years ago

Actually url channels may not be needed as long as you can see individual pages in Analytics.

1. hazelwood4 profile image81
      hazelwood4posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Where can I find this information in Google Analytics?  I also read the Hub that Homesteadbound was talking about above, but I believe it is no longer on Hubpages.  Thanks for the help on this!

You have to go to Analytics and make sure that you have the old version selected by choosing Old Version in the footer.  Then go to adsense and click on the link in the upper right that says link to adsense.  Then you should be able to click on Content in Analytics and see the relevant Adsense data.  Takes a few hours to update initially.

2nd sentence should be - Then go to adsense and click on the link in the upper right that says link to analytics.

1. hazelwood4 profile image81
            hazelwood4posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much!smile  I got it working yesterday, but I haven't checked if the information has updated.

working