jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why did I get flagged and who flagged me?

1. Leaderofmany profile image59
    Leaderofmanyposted 4 years ago

The other day, I got another something or other about my Hub earlier in the week and today they flag me, is someone out to get me, I have been writing for 5 months and have 60 Hubs, what the blank is going on?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Sofs says, it's irrelevant who flagged you.  Maybe nobody did - sometimes you've just been "flagged" by automated filters.

There is a big difference between being flagged and being moderated.  Enormous.  Huge. 

If someone "flags" one of your Hubs, it just goes into the queue to be looked at by HubPages staff.  It doesn't get unpublished, and you don't get told.

When HubPages staff eventually look at it, they're not influenced by the original flagger.  They make their own decision whether there's a problem with the Hub.  If there is, you'll be told (and your Hub may be unpublished).  If there isn't, you'll never know.

The thing is, you should be grateful to people who flag your Hub, because it means you get a chance to fix any flaws which might be reducing your income.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can have a hub up for months and then you may get a notification or (flag) about something wrong with your hub. It has happened to me. There are many times that the filters simply miss an error or mistake for quite some time, then catch it.

Flagging or receiving a notification by HubPages, either by a filter or by the staff is a good thing. Why? Well, I would rather HP catch my mistake prior to Google catching it. If HP did not catch it and Google did, then my hub would drop in the rankings. HP filters and staff guidelines are pretty much based on what Google would penalize an author for from my basic understanding.

This morning I had a notification of a broken link. This was simply a HP member who no longer was a member and they unpublished their hubs. My link was to one of their hubs that was related to my article. Simple to fix, just take the link out of the text and the error will disappear.  Again, HP catching this is good, as Google will penalize you for broken links in a hub.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You have no idea who 'flags' you or even if they do. I think what you actually got was a notification which comes from hub staff or their automated systems. You get these either because you broke a rule or there was a glitch.

Or it was the Illuminati. 

One of those.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Yup I agree, somethings in your hub must have tripped the automated system... .. flagging only leads to moderation of hubs by human moderators for some violation.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I have got flagged on other sites lol and nearly banned. I wonder also if a 'competitor' (Hp or not) flags and if it's noticed or anything gets done about it. Good question wink