jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Ever feel Invisible...

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I feel as though I just don't exist anywhere, today is one if those days

1. Mark Knowles profile image62
      Mark Knowlesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pinch yourself. big_smile

2. jenb0128 profile image95
      jenb0128posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I feel that way at times, too. I think quite a few of us writers feel that way. It's part of why we write.

3. HereToHelp2012 profile image60
      HereToHelp2012posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just hit the internet and start posting makes the loneliest person feel right at home.

4. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've felt that way at various times.  I dunno about your case, but mine's a reaction to being treated as though invisible, dominated by people who have more outgoing personalities or sometimes deliberately dominated by control freaks.  I finally started standin' up for myself.

Hey, you're not invisible.  Whether it's just a current lack of available friends to communicate with, or whether you're in a worse state of mind, please be assured you're a valid person at all times.

And hey, if you have God inside you, you're never alone.  That, I've found to be true and trustworthy no matter what.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

I feel invisible all the time.  Always on the outside looking in.  I've lived most of my life at a distance from other people, more watching than participating. No one ever seems to notice me.

1. jennzie profile image84
      jennzieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I feel the exact same way.

4. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

The Outsider by Colin Wilson is a treatise on outsiderness.

5. sjwigglywoo profile image81
    sjwigglywooposted 4 years ago

Sometimes it is better living on the outside because when I do  get on the inside it always goes wrong. I have learnt and quite like being on the outside, less stress.

6. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Colin Wilson's "Outsider" is an excellent book, and one with which I identify.

I actually enjoy being ignored by the world and, in my turn, ignore the world most of the time.

I live in blissful unawareness of most news, trends, fashions and gossip and find this the key to minimising stress.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

I don't feel alone even though I go on with my life with minimal interactions from other people. Not a recluse but I am not much into socializing. I have my own little world most of the time.

Enjoy the forums, write and do the things which make you smile!

8. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I have never been invisible. Whenever there is a foot to be put in it, there I am.

9. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

yes, there are days when I feel invisible,especially out in public...roll

1. ThunderKeys profile image84
      ThunderKeysposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was feeling invisible earlier because no body was playing my add a food or ingredient game in the forums. lol But now it's taking off and it's really fun!

Come and add a few foods leaderofmany and anyone else who's feeling invisible!

10. Bedbugabscond profile image87
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I rarely feel invisible; however I am fairly sure that I am a figment of someones imagination... I just haven't figured out whose.