Hubbers! Protect yourself against Tick-borne disease! Please......

1. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 4 years ago

If you don't know me, I had Lyme disease 2 years ago and still suffer the after affects:  aching joints, muscle twitches and letter reversal issues.  It's my responsibility, as a survivor and activist, to warn my Hub friends about this deadly illness.

" The month of May is Lyme Disease Awareness month nation-wide. Lyme Disease (borrelia burgdorferi) is a dangerous bacteria that invades the bloodstream through the bite of a tick. Numbers of cases have grown in excess of over 300,000 estimated cases per year. The International Lyme & Associated Diseases Society ( that according to CDC estimates, new Lyme cases are at least 4 times more common annually than new HIV/AIDS cases. The Alliance for Natural Health considers Lyme Disease one of the most misdiagnosed, under-reported, and serious epidemics of our time. The October 2006 issue of Reader's Digest lists Lyme Disease in the top ten of "10 Diseases Doctors Miss".

On April 13th, ABC's Dr. Phil show aired a segment entitled 'Deadly Consequences', which included the testimony of three individuals who have been infected with the disease. The response was overwhelming. Dr. Phil's message boards exploded with responses from Lyme sufferers across the country with similar stories of misdiagnosis, being told "it's all in your head", and complete denial that chronic Lyme disease exists.

So, dear friends, I pass this message on to you.  I'm leaving for Washington DC on May 11 for the annual 'Lyme Underground Mayday Rally'
    to be held in Lafayette Park across from the White House.  If you live in the DC area, please join us from 1-4.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for this post! It's somewhat scary to realize how prevalent something is that so many people don't know, or barely know, anything about.

1. donotfear profile image90
        donotfearposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank's true. This illness has been concealed from the public for years. The truth is finally coming out.