jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Pin gone mad!

1. sjwigglywoo profile image82
    sjwigglywooposted 4 years ago

I am astonished! I published a new hub last night and in the 1st hour had over 100 visits, I have never had this happen before and thought wow! this is good. This morning I had over 500 visits and it had all happened because I had pinned my photo on pinterest. Over a 100 pins unreal this is the photo that has caused this, goodness knows why!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6560770_f248.jpg

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is surprising.  Not that your picture isn't wonderful but, er, well it's a great result!!

I'm off to put some coke bottles on the lawn...

sjwigglywooposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My sentiments exactly! But there is a reason behind my madness, even though my family think it is hilarious that I have pop bottles growing out of the ground round the garden!

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Yep, Pinterest is great that way!

Definitely recommend titling your photos though, so people are more likely to click through for info and information from the text box doesn't get lost. smile

erm sorry you have lost me! would you mind explaining as I have no clue to what you are referring, I'm a newbie and rather dim on certain matters, Still lots to learn!

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've written a hub on it. smile Basically adding a tastefully done "teaser" so people want to click.

For instance "How to make compost" or "Ten ways to clean your bathroom".

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I see right I'll get on to that now, Will also do my other pins. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to explain it is very much appreciated x

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Picnik has shut down but I find picmonkey just as good. Or picasa or photoshop.

working