jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense Issues

1. Darp profile image59
    Darpposted 4 years ago

I applied to Adsense on HubPages because it seemed so automated and easy. However there are lots of issues and snags.

My Adsense status is 'pending' and has been for weeks now. I have never gotten an email from Google.

While my status is pending I have Adsense ads all over my hubs. Strangely they are not always there. Who is getting paid for those ads? Who is exploiting my material?

I gather my Adsense status is based on the quantity and quality of my hubs, but I have a blog and a very large, content rich website Grub 'n' Gear. Those should have been taken into consideration when I applied to Adsense, but there was no opportunity in the process to bring those to Google's attention when I applied.

I need to turn my attention to Grub 'n' Gear for the next few months, as business is seasonal, and I probably will not have the time to add hubs for awhile, but I really would like to get Adsense approved for the Grub 'n' Gear website.

Is there a way to revoke the HubPages application?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Until you link your Adsense id, Hubpages earns from 100% of adverts displayed on your hubs (-10% if someone referred you + 9-12% if people link to you).

Not sure about revoking it. It IS better to apply when you have ten or more quality hubs - or a site. So maybe try and do some more hubs and see if that speeds up the review.

Just do NOT apply for a new account - that can get you a permanent ban. Only one account per household.

EDIT: Your account is only four days old, how can it have been pending for weeks? Also, it's likely your hubs will be taken down unless you remove/change those photos. Watermarked photos are not allowed on the site.

1. Darp profile image59
        Darpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, you are right about the time frame. I am getting confused as to where and when I have been publishing.

Those are not watermarks. They are my photos with the Grub 'n' Gear name and logo on them. That is me in the canoe.

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A watermark is any identifying company name, logo or website by Hubpages definition.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I would suggest reading the FAQ pages.  Hubpages will run adds until you get your ID.  If it bothers you, you can turn the ads off by marking the hub non-commerical.