jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why do we do it?

1. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 5 years ago

I haven't visited hubpages for quite sometime.  Because I was bored, I dropped by tonight and was disappointed to find that everything is just the same.  Same old threads, same old arguments, same old topics.  It's been nearly a year, yet it's like I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks.  OK, the format has been re-jigged.  What are you all doing?  I've not been publishing here because I've been doing other things.  Why should I begin publishing hubs again? Will someone please give me a few good reasons why I should devote time to hubs?

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Because it is fun.

And no matter how little, it is also fun when someone hands you money every day.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mmm.  I'm not sure I find it fun any more.  The money, yes I can see how that would be good.  I am starting to think that the forums are a bit stilted though and that people only get involved with threads involving the popular hubbers.  Maybe I'm just bitter that I'm not interesting enough to provoke a reaction from anyone trawling through the forums:)

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
        Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The complexity of the religion topics in the forums has drove me away, too.  Beliefs aren't complex, IMO.  The information I get about writing online from the forums is priceless, though.  Honestly, people are paying money to learn what I learn here for free.

1. profile image0

Interesting and your right, I learnt a lot to begin with too, it's easy to forget the amount of confidence a few kind words or advice give you when your dipping your toe into writing.  I still hate people reading my stuff though.  How weird is that?  I find other peoples work can be very informative and one or two hubbers really made a difference.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Saturdays are notoriously slow.

I dropped by your profile earlier and gave you a hug. What more could one possibly want than a hug from paradigmsearch? big_smile

1. profile image0

That's really nice, your such an old softy.  Don't mind me, I'm just feeling a bit misanthropic tonight. x

working