jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Mature content? What is classified as mature content?

1. Shaddie profile image93
    Shaddieposted 4 years ago

For example, would medieval artwork of scantily clad women, or professionally artistic nudes be classified as mature content, unable to be showcased on Hubpages?

1. ankitharrytom profile image80
      ankitharrytomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they will be. However, you can disable the ads on those Hubs and then I think they can be published.
      The problem is with Google, they do not allow ads to be shown on such articles as in many countries, they will still be considered adult.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is what I have found:

Mature content includes graphic violent or medical images, videos, or text, and the excessive use of profanity. All hubs must be suitable for a general audience. If you are unsure if your mature themed Hub is ok, please contact us for clarification before publishing your Hub.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#mature

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Paintings of nudes are acceptable.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

They must have changed the rules as I read in the rules last year that 'Fine Art Nudity' was prohibited too. (Crazy I know, since when was the human body in an art form something to be ashamed of?)

Edit: Yes it looks like they have amended the rules as it also used to refer directly to 'Hand Bras' as not being allowed as well. Now it just states the following:

"Nudity and lewd, obscene, or provocative images (including strategically covered nudity, see-through or sheer clothing, and close-ups of breasts, butts, or crotches)"

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Mature content? What is classified as mature content?

So it isn't content written by Old People then?  big_smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would include a lot of us hubbers...

1. AEvans profile image69
        AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lolololo! big_smile Does over 35 qualify? smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm... I would fall into that category! smile

4. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Yep, I think anything depicting nudity would set off the automatic filters. I remember writing up a hub on Homo erectus, and inserting some pictures of naked ape men and that set them off, so I unpublished and deleted it.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt the filters in such cases are automatic, but they are likely to be as a result of 'flags' by hubbers who come across them and feel they should report them.

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago
  6. Shaddie profile image93
    Shaddieposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies, guys! I was wanting to do a hub on some artistic photography, but it's hard to find non-nude ones of the subject I'm talking about smile Oh well, that's fine!

working