jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

Searching Your Profile Name at hubpages

1. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

I, and im sure most of you have Google searched our hub profile name and also "Google image" searched, which was a topic I raised here a while ago!

I have now just Searched my hubber name within the hubpages search bar (top right)..This shows you all the hubs with your profile name in it!

I have just seen a of hub which features me!big_smile

Try searching your name and you will see other hubbers who have featured  or mentioned your name   without you realising!smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wow ! I am flattered to discover there are 4 pages of hubs that include a reference to me, most of it good, some not so flattering lol. Thanks for pointing this out smile

Sean Connery huh? ..... Better than Mr Miyagi in one of Jimmy's hubs big_smile

2. Dottie1 profile image79
      Dottie1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I knew about the search within hubpages but did not know about the google image search which just cost me 45 minutes.  Thank God Stephhicks hamburg crockpot casserole is cooking dinner for me tonight.  Thanks comp and steph!

3. William F. Torpey profile image80
      William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You know all the tricks, compu-smart, and I keep learning little by little. This one is very interesting, and a good way to be sure to acknowledge other hubbers when our names are mentioned. Thanks.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image83
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I found the same sort of thing by accident one day.  I felt bad because another hubber had mentioned me in a hub and I had never seen it.  Guess I should do it on a regular basis.

Now I'm going to see where you were featured but I think I already know.

3. AEvans profile image67
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

Interesting!! Misty noted me I am so honored and amazingly she knows me well as I am going to teach Biology classes next year, what a compliment and Compu-Smart Thank you for sharing this. smile

4. profile image53
    pkkmdsposted 8 years ago

I, and im sure most of us have Google searched our hub profile name and also "Google image" searched, which was a topic I raised here a while ago!

I have now just Searched my hubber name within the hubpages search bar (top right)..This shows you all the hubs with your profile name in it!

I have just seen a of hub which features me!

Please search your name and you will see other hubbers who have featured you or your name in a hub without you realising!

prem kumar katariya

mandsaur m p (indiya)

5. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

hahahaha. I searched my name, came up with some of my hubs and other hubs on the "dorsi" muscle....funny.......

Latissimus Dorsi smile

You should consider a name change......

1. Dorsi profile image91
        Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You know Mark my sister named me, and I never got to find out why she named me Dorsi. I hope it wasn't after a muscle...lol...it takes the mystique out of it!!

lol

Well, at least she didn't name you Latissimus.....

1. Dorsi profile image91

ROTFL..............
            thank God she didn't it!!!!!!!!!

2. Cris A profile image59
          Cris Aposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Guess what Dorsi? I searched for Cris A + hubpages and sure enough I was on the first page, on the bottom which sucks quite a bit! But anyway when I looked for Cris A hubpages using the images tab, there was your picture at the bottom right part of the first page with my name! Now why is that? Go see for yourself! big_smile

1. Dorsi profile image91

Hahahahaha....that's funny- I'm your fan so I come up under your name! Pretty cool!!

1. Cris A profile image59
              Cris Aposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I wish it also happens in reverse - your name my pic! Then I can claim all the credit for your amazing hubs! and your hubscore too! LOL

6. compu-smart profile image80

Im just happy to know you all have and are finding this information helpful..and

7. rockinjoe profile image84
    rockinjoeposted 8 years ago

That's pretty neat, compu-smart...but then again, so are you.

8. compu-smart profile image80

Thankyou! you are too kind!

smile

working