jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

1. evemurphy profile image60
    evemurphyposted 7 years ago

I'm just curious...although my traffic has remained the same, in the last two days I have seen a significant drop in my earnings...almost 70% since Dec.1.
    I wonder how traffic can remain the same but earnings drop so significantly.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Assuming that the ratio of adsense impressions to traffic remained constant, it means that either the click through rate declined, or the revenue per click declined.  Another possibility is that the Adsense content filter has decided that a higher percentage of your hubs are not appropriate for Adsense, thus reducing the total number of actual ad impressions.

3. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 7 years ago

Maybe it's smart pricing by google..? Some experts could explain better!

It seems Paul has posted the right one.

4. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

The last I read anything about adsense complaints from some of Hubpages "indian girl" picture gallery posters is that they receive a lot of traffic but not many clicks on ads. wink

5. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

Earnings will be fluctuating and will be much lower for Entertainment Hubs as the most advertisers of this category promote their websites only for getting traffic and does not include any sale of products or services. So the amount they are willing to pay will be much less. They may also be as low as 2 cents.

6. evemurphy profile image60
    evemurphyposted 7 years ago

Paul: thanks for your answer. I have no doubt that is the reason..it just seemed so sudden to have such a drop that I was confused about it.

I will have to do a major overhaul of all my hubs I think, and perhaps start going in a new direction with my postings.
    thanks for everyone who commented!