Anybody not using the Hubpages Earnings Program?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image60
    Roohi Khanposted 11 years ago

I just wanted to know wheether everyone on Hubpages uses the Earnings Program? If anyone out there doesnt, can you tell me why?

Just wondering whether one can earn more with the Hubpages Program or with just Google Adsense and Amazon.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One can earn more with the HP program than sticking strictly with Google on HP. smile

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
        wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not always!  Not in my case, for example.  I'm not the only one on HP who makes more with Adsense alone, either.  I'm not sure why some people do better with HP ads or Adsense only- not sure if it has to do with topics or what... but there are exceptions to the rule.

How are you, Juliana?

1. AEvans profile image73
          AEvansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am okay and I am glad to see you! smile I do well with Adsense on other writing sites but not so much on HP. Here on HP I do better with HP than with Google. Did I just make any sense at all? lololo!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Most people find the income is better with HP Ads.  However there is a handful of Hubbers (some of whom have already posted), who do better with Adsense alone.

The best thing to do is try it.  You can switch HP Ads on and off easily.

Sign up for HPAds, try it for a month, then switch it off and try Adsense only for a month. Compare your total income for each month.

2. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I don't use HP ads.  Although things keep changing, I've generally been most satisfied with overall monthly results by using AS only.

3. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 11 years ago

It depends on the time of year.
    Right now, I have the HP Ads on. It takes about 3 months to make payout.
    In the fall through winter, I switch to Adsense ONLY and make payout in a few weeks.

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I don't tongue I can't get into my paypal account lol don't remember the password or email hmm created a long time ago too.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Dame Scribe, I recently had the same problem, but I called them and got everything straightened out in one phone call. I was quite impressed with the lady I worked with.

1. Dame Scribe profile image57
        Dame Scribeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cagsil smile alright. I will have to give them a call and speakeths with somebody. Thanks!

5. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

I am doing all of them, hoping one will see something the others don't like my writing and off to the bank I go, know what I mean...I do not expect a living from this for a while, but will keep writing and probing my mind for new topics, and taking my pad and pen when we travel so I can write about those topics when we come back home...I just love to write, so much more fun than teaching was, don't know why I missed school so much for a couple years after I retired....Good luck, godspeed to all and may you write your very best tonight tomorrow and always.

6. profile image60

Thank you all for your comments and feedback.

It is really interesting to know that there are some hubbers who are actually doing better with Adsense than with HP.

Marisa, I think I am going to take your advice. I may just try switching off HP for a month and see what happens. This is especially so because I really don't know whether the topics I write on do well with Adsense or not.

Thank you all! Great to be part of this community.

7. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 11 years ago

I do better with HP ads over Google adsense. Much better.

8. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 11 years ago

I thought it depended on topics of interest/niche, but im not too sure now.
    I started another account(niche) to experiment and turned on my HPads.
    I am yet to reach payout  after six months, hopefully this month or the next.

This account doesnt do well
    with HPads as i have experimented in the past. However i think i'll try the 1 month on/1 month off again and see how it goes this time.

9. profile image60

Even I think that it is probably because of the topic the articles are on.

I was never into Hubpages because of the money to begin with but when it did start bringing in some amount I got interested.

I just started wondering because as my page impressions are going up the HP earnings is going down, apparently because the CPM is going down. Now, I don't know much about CPM but I do understand it depends on the advertising. So, its fine if it is going down for some reason. The Hubpages staff, of course, knows best here.

My only concern was that with 300 impressions I was earning around 2.50 and with 1000 impressions I am earning less, around 1.80. Just giving an example. So, it's quite disappointing needless to say.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I haven't started using it because I don't have a PayPal account and as I  understand it, that's the only payment method HP Ads uses.

11. Sunnyglitter profile image83
    Sunnyglitterposted 11 years ago

I got rid of the Ad Program and just use Adsense and Amazon now.  My earnings are significantly higher this way.  I think it depends on what type of hubs you have.  I have one hub where some of the clicks are $3+.  That's why Adsense works better for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)