jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Can someone explain the new ad layout for the new hub design?

1. Bendo13 profile image85
    Bendo13posted 4 years ago

I like the minimalist look of the new hub design but I am curious what the new ad layout is?

There are a lot less ads on the page and I'm curious...

Which ads are mine and which ads are HubPages?

I'm in the HubPages Ad program as well as AdSense, so I'm curious to see which ad is now the AdSense ad that is considered "mine" so I can still get 60% from that.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you read the FAQ entry which talks about ads, you'll see that 60% of the time, the ads are all "yours" and the other 40% of the time, they are coded to HubPages.  Assigned times are randomized.

Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but at the time I was asking which ad on the new layout is going to be the AdSense ad, when you use both HP Ads and AdSense...

In the past is was on the right side near the bottom, but now that ad is gone (on the new layout)... but I have found that, at the moment, none of the ads are AdSense ads, as they test the new layout.

So, my question can't be answered until they finish their testing.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I thought images were provided on one of the HP announcements. Not sure which one but probably says something about layout tongue I would check there.

I looked through all the threads and saw no mention about which ad was which.  But I did read and find out that, as of right now, they are only testing the HubPages Ad Program... so there are NO AdSense ad units on hubs that are testing out the new design.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

maybe we can't see them whilst logged in. did you try logging out to see if there's any? I have a hard time keeping up with HP and 'G' updates :p lol

No... someone who works at HubPages said that while they are testing the new layout there will be no AdSense units used; it will only be HP Ads units.

They said it was easier to test this way, but I think it's missing the bigger picture and there needs to be three tests run.

1. HP Ads only
      2. HP Ads + AdSense
      3. AdSense only

That way they would know, with the new layout, which ad option earns the most.  We can't go by old data from the old layout and expect the results to be the same.

working