jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

My traffic views down by 50% after bookmark feature was removed.

1. lady rain profile image87
    lady rainposted 4 years ago

I used to have a consistent flow of traffic views until hubpages decided to remove the bookmark feature. Had a 50% drop and it had never gone back up to what it used to be. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing with their views.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

When did the drop happen?  Google has issued a couple of updates recently, and it's likely they are the cause of your loss of traffic.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

HP said they removed the feature because it wasn't used that often.
    Did many of your views come from HP or search traffic?

It probably had nothing to do with the drop that many are experiencing.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

I agree with Marisa and RebekahELLE, This may really have nothing to do with bookmarks..  Google penguin must have been the cause of the drop... Mine has dropped by 50% too...  many others have reported this on the forums.

5. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 4 years ago

This month page views and earnings for me was one of the best months I have had sense I started writing.  The past 2 mnths I have not been active at all.  So can anyone explain that?  I was making next to nothing and I was killing myself just to find out I didn't earn a cent so I thought I was burnt out so I took a brake.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

These pandas and penguins have some subdomains going up while some are down... I had not been affected in the previous panda strikes but this one hit me bad.. do we know what Google is up to?
      Enjoy your upswing while you are there.. smile

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The bookmarks had NOTHING to do with traffic.