jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hello there! Newbie needing direction.

1. RA Pedersen profile image61
    RA Pedersenposted 4 years ago

I figured the good folks of this forum could give me a good once-over and tell me what I've done wrong already as a new Hub author!

I blog, I write (like.. in books and stuff even), I stumbled across this and I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around yet. Sort of testing the water. Thought the apprentice thing sounded "interesting" but I'm really not so sure now.

Curious what you're all going to say...

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi and welcome to Hubpages smile

I had a read of your first hub, and it is well-written, nicely laid out and informative, and you really can't ask for much more from a hub smile

If I were you I would add a video if there is a suitable one available over on Youtube, just to add extra interest, especially for those of us who have never visited Disney World and who aren't terribly sure about the attraction your refer to.

You may also find that your hub will date, as it describes a re-vamped or new attraction opening in 2012.

In 2020 it will have less relevance whereas evergreen content rocks!

As a theme park 'expert' you have the perfect opportunity to reach a wide audience as Hubpages really is a powerful platform.

Try writing a hub around a popular term from your website and linking it back to your site, and watch viewing figures shoot up in the coming months!

RA Pedersenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

About linking between websites and such... how would you suggesting incorporating the hubpages and websites?  I'm not sure how to make it seem like a natural fit instead of a forced "hey y'all! click around the web so I can make some money!" type thing.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

http://rapedersen.hubpages.com/hub/Epco … 012-Reboot

Welcome to HubPages smile I see you added the YT video. Good job but I would recommend putting it at the end or off to the side. Adsense ads usually sit nearer the top wink the best spots. I would also recommend using words people won't have to pull out their dictionary to look up. Best to keep it simple. There are little green arrows on your capsules that you can use to slide them around. Over all, I think you did a great job and off to a great start. Build up your portfolio and you'll have $$ coming in soon enough.

RA Pedersenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you're seeing the logo for the revised attraction at the top - that's not a youtube video, just the logo.