jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Need help with amazon capsules

1. PennyCarey profile image78
    PennyCareyposted 5 years ago

Hi, I'm new to hubpages and am trying to insert an amazon capsule.  Nothing seems to be happening when I insert the url, keyword or ASIN.  I try to preview it and nothing happens.  I tried saving it and nothing happens.  It seems that no matter which way I try to tackle this problem, it always ends the same.  I just can't seem to insert any amazon adds on my hubs.  Any ideas?

1. Trish_M profile image86
      Trish_Mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tend to add mainly books. This is what I do:

Add an Amazon capsule to my hub.
      Click on 'Choose specific products', which opens three boxes as default.

I then go to the list of product information details, on Amazon, and find the 10-digit ISBN number.

So, for a version of 'Tom Sawyer', I found ISBN-10: 1402712162.

I would then insert this number ~ 1402712162 ~ into one of the boxes.

Then hit 'preview' and / or 'save'.

If you are doing this, and it is not working, then I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to help.

Good luck! smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When you hit hit and choose 'specific products' you can also copy the url from along the top of the product page you have chosen and add that. As soon as you click on save it converts to the ISBN number too.

Or you can choose 'keywords' and insert the name of the type of products you would want to display. Then when you click save, products should display. If you don't like the look of them, simply click on 'delete everything and start over' and choose another similar keyword.

One of those methods should work.

Oops sorry - this post is not aimed at you Trish, but to the OP smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Penny, are you saying you can't insert the Amazon capsule, or that you can't insert any products after you've got the capsule inserted?

PennyCareyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't insert any products.

2. PennyCarey profile image78

Yes, I have pretty much tried all of those and it hasn't worked.  But thank you for taking the time to stop by and answer my post. smile

1. Trish_M profile image86
      Trish_Mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I should send a message to team@hubpages.com

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One other option that may well remedy your situation is to clear your browser cache and then try again.

I will try that.  Thanks for the tip.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

Have you signed up to be an Amazon affiliate yet?

Yes I have.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but you never know... Some people just dive in without reading any of the instructions.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's also true to say that Amazon capsules should go into place complete with your chosen products whether or not you have an Amazon account.

2. PennyCarey profile image78

It's okay, I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me though. smile

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

PennyCarey, I get a system glitch on Amazon capsules too.  When I try to insert Amazon products, it looks like nothing is happening.  I can't preview within the capsule.  But when I hit save anyway, and when I am done editing the whole hub, the products are there.  If I remember correctly, I can see them when I preview the hub too.  Do your products show up eventually on the hub?

HubPages was unable to create this, and since I do manage to get the products on, I wasn't too worried about insisting on  a solution.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've just added several Amazon capsules without any problems. It might be the categories you're publishing in.

5. PennyCarey profile image78

The issue with my amazon capsules has been resolved. I got it to work when I switched from my desktop to my netbook lol.  Go figure...  Thank you everyone for your help, it is very much appreciated!

working