I know that there are forum threads and information pages, etc, but I am really confused.
We used to be told never to put a photo at the top of the hub; mow we are told that we should.
We used to be encouraged to get lots of links; now it seems that we should be wary.
We used to be given tips on Google Adsense; now some of us seem only to be get HP rewards.
Some people on here are really hot on SEO, Internet technology, etc, etc.
I am not.
I have completely lost track of what is going on and what I should be doing.
Please, could we just have a brief concise updated list of advice, etc?
I hear you. Some basic guidelines:
1. Write useful, informative content.
2. Use an image as appropriate (pretty sure the recent stuff from Mr Edmondson is just PR, but I could be wrong - I am always turned off myself, but the typical internet user is almost certainly less savvy than we are).
3. Get into video if you can.
4. Build quality links from sites that add value.
5. Encourage social engagement - Twitter/ Google +1/facebook etc.
6. HPAds performs better than Adsense with the current layout.
7. Expand your horizons and do not rely on one site for income.
These are just my opinion - bear that in mind. I have my own biases and my own account here is hurting, but I am doing well elsewhere.
by Marisa Wright2 years ago
Lately I've come across a lot of Hubs with outdated information in them. If I comment or email to suggest it needs updating, I get the response, "Oh I wrote that ages ago."Sorry, that's not...
by LongTimeMother19 months ago
I would really appreciate an explanation from one of the team as to why the stats on my account page do not match the stats on my individual hubs. Checked three hubs. All show significantly more views in the past 24...
by Alison Graham11 days ago
I received an email from HubPages about a recently published Hub, suggesting some changes that might mean it could be moved to Healdove.One of the suggestions was as follows:"Can you add some sources to support...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.