jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Links within hubs.

1. christopheranton profile image79
    christopherantonposted 4 years ago

When I first started hubbing I always put the links within my hubs. They were usually to other people's hubs, with some to my own. But I got fed up correcting "broken links". Nowadays, when I write something new, I don't put any links in. Also, when I edit my old hubs, I take the links out.
    Am I doing the right thing? Could I be adversely affecting my traffic by leaving them out?
    The reason that I am asking this, is to find out what other's experience has been with the links. I am thinking of putting them back. I would value some opinions before making the decision.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google likes to see some outgoing links to other related, good quality pages or sites.  If you're getting lots of broken links, it suggests to me that you've been linking to any old related Hub, rather than picking the ones which add value. So getting rid of those links would be a good thing.

2. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

I think that it is good to have links within the hubs and if you check for broken links every day when you sign in...there may be days that go by with nothing to correct and even if the links need correcting, it doesn't take that long to delete them.  The broken link section also catches youtube videos that have been taken down...so it is a good habit to form to check this daily in any case.  If you wish to find another video to take the place of the one you had it also refreshes and updates your hub.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I used to add links within my hubs, too. Then I decided to stop doing that. Instead, I let the tags for my hubs display other HP hubs with similar content. If I have links outside of HP that are important to my hub content, I still add those.
    With the new formatting, there will be a lot of other hubs suggested automatically on each hub page.

1. christopheranton profile image79
      christopherantonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have started putting the links back in my hubs, about six in each of them. Most of them are to my own articles and stories. A proportion of them are to good hubs by other hubbers. I'm seeing a lot of red arrows. That is a good sign. I shall put them back in all of my hubs now. They seem to work well.