jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Did I lose a follower?

1. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I no longer get notifications when one of my followers publishing a new Hub.  I can tell she is still publishing.  Can that mean she has "unfollowed" me? sad

1. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should be notified when people that you follow publish Hubs.  You would only receive notification of newly published Hubs by people who follow you (but whom you do not follow), if and when they have published a Hub in a topic that you follow.

2. moonlake profile image88
      moonlakeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm also not seeing people I use to follow all the time and I have to go to their profile to see if they have a new hub.
      I'm getting feed from someone I'm not following and that person is messing up my whole feed because their on every thing, they friend everyone. The whole feed is a mess.
      I miss following the people I use to follow all the time. I don't know what is going on.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Mary,

It could be because she turned off notifications to followers about publishing. You are not notified because she was following you. You were notified because you were following her.

If you lost a follower, which is going to happen from time to time, because of spammers and others who come and go. Nothing to worry about. wink

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

Mary, my list of people that I follow is so messed up because of me.  Not being tech savvy, I pushed the wrong buttons several times when I first started HubPages.  Now, I only show one page of Hubbers that I follow.  I know there is more than that.  The only ways I can find their work is through the feed, punching in their names or bringing up my list of people that I follow.

If people unfollow me, that's okay.  I don't take it personal.  You only have so much time in a day.  If I had time to read everything offered on HubPages, I'd kind of wonder about my life.  Like, I should get out more often???

1. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Arlene, if you have accidentally unfollowed some people in the past, you can simply follow them again - if you would prefer to be notified when they publish, rather than scroll through the feed.  There are numerous ways to know about other Hubbers' publications.

4. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Thanks guys!  The Hubber and I were following each other.  Now I don't get notice when she publishes, and I miss her!  Oh well.....

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This sounds like a glitch. Assuming you have not unfollowed her you should still be getting notifications when she publishes hubs. It doesn't matter whether she is following you or not. I would report this to the Hub Team in case they are unaware this is a problem.

1. mary615 profile image95
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I will do that.  Thanks.

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

Thank you, Aficionada!  I did go back and follow, but only one page of followers shows.  Not very many.  I will have to ask Adm for help with this one.  I've had glitches happen to me in the past, but only to me.  I have long since quit punching buttons, though.

working