jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Adding keywords to the newly formatted hubs

1. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

In the older formatted hubs when first starting a new hub, I only put down 2 or 3 keywords and after finishing the hub I would add the rest to the right hand side where it was located.  With the new design (recipe hubs, for instance) that option seems to be gone.  Do we now have to add all the keywords at the start of a hub?  Sometimes my hubs evolve over time and I might be missing additions that would have been helpful.  Anyone else noticing this?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This feature might not be available in the new format right now because they're still testing without all of the features added, so they can see if the basic format is working correctly. At least, they were doing that recently. I would assume that they don't have plans to remove tags. I just added a new hub and the ability to add tags is still present in the old format.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Peggy, just a note - you mean tags, not keywords.  You should put your keywords in the tags section, but Google doesn't see your tags as keywords.  They're for internal HubPages use.

1. Peggy W profile image91
        Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are correct, Marisa.  I meant tags.  In any case...with the new format it seems that they cannot be added at the moment.  Hope that Healthy Pursuits is correct. 

If tags cannot be seen by anybody but internal HubPages use...are they very important?  It would seem that unless one was using them to link our hubs together...it may not make that much difference if what you are saying is true.  Am I correct in my thinking?

1. Will Apse profile image91
          Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tags give you internal links. They help.