jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

I need moderators to treat me like a human being.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

My hub "The Killer Whale" took a hell of a lot of research for me to publish.....but it took the hp staff NOTHING to unpublish, and they've not bothered to reply to my emails.

I see no pixles, and I see no watermarks.

I believe that I deserve to be regarded as a human being, and if staff can't be bothered to actually tell someone the "problem: with something I'd spent an entire day to produce.....then it is clear to me that my time is best spent elsewhere on the web....and there I'd actually thought this site was improving on that end....am I to just....GUESS at what these people think is a problem?

Does staff think that I can read minds???

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you post a link, we might be able to see it in the cache?

So do I take it they said the problem was pixelated/watermarked images?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

YES!  Thanks for asking!!!

There WAS a watermarked image....that slipped under my radar, of a pilot whale - I've replaced that, but imagine you'll see the one that was there originally.

http://wesmantoddshaw.hubpages.com/hub/The-Killer-Whale

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah yes, I see it.

I notice the watermark is a copyright statement - I assume you did pay for the picture, otherwise you shouldn't be using it anyway.  It's from a stock photo site. 

I notice you're also crediting your photos incorrectly. You shouldn't just be giving the location of the photo (which just takes people to the image on its own).  You should be giving the URL of the page where it appears on the original site.

Some of your Wikimedia photos are a bit pixelated too, and I think it's because you're taking the thumbnail image rather than a larger size, more suitable to the size you want to display.  And your Wikimedia source links need fixing too - notice that if it's not in the public domain, there's usually a section (further down the page) where it tells you to credit the photographer or owner of the photo.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the pilot whale is watermarked.  So is the early photo of 3 killer whales, and HP MIGHT consider the video to be the same as there is text on it.  The last pic, Old Tom, is pretty pixelated as well.

Nice hub, though, and I certainly like the photos.

2. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Wes, I'm sorry you've had this trouble. But, 'it's an ill wind...' and all. Which means, selfishly, I'm kinda glad you did, because thanks to these other folks, I've found out stuff I never knew about cached versions, and how to access them... too cool! :-)

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92

I couldn't see the watermark on the orca trio image.....but coincidentally, or not - they finally sent me a message concerning that....should all be good now.

Also... I'm not certain how you two are able to see a cached version, I dunno how to do that.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can see a cached version of any article by typing in the URL or title/author of the article, hover to the right of the search result and an arrow appears, hover or click on the arrow and the cached version appears.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Quite small, in the lower left.  Almost the same color as the background.

As rebekah says, search for the URL, hover over the double arrow just to the right of your hub on the search result page.  The cached version will appear, very small.  Click the word "cached" way off to the right to take you to a full screen version.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92

Yes I've gotta try this, I've got at least one I "unpublished" myself to try that with.

working