jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

"Reply" Button not showing up when accessing Hub Comments via e-mail.

1. J.S.Matthew profile image86
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

When I receive a notification of a new comment on one of my Hubs, the "Reply" button is no longer available. The "Deny" button is still there. Funny thing is when I have multiple comments. I answer the first one via the "Leave a Comment" Box at the bottom. When I submit the comment and the page reloads, the "Reply" Buttons magically appear. Is this a Bug?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I came to make the same report!

It has been happening a couple of weeks now. When I am on the page the reply button disappears after approval. If I leave a comment in the "regular" comments box it then appears. This does not happen on the comments section of my account.

J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cardisa! Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this. Hope the staff notices our posts!

2. Howard S. profile image84
      Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, Ari, pay attention! This sounds like the bug you and I have been chasing the past couple of days--over in the official announcements forum, I think.

2. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Hi,

Could someone who this affecting show screenshots of what you're seeing in the "reply button showing" and "reply button disappeared" scenarios?

Thanks!

I just took a screenshot! How can I add it to this forum Jason? Or do you prefer I mail it to you?

JSMatthew~

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey J.S.,

If you have a screenshot, then upload the picture you saved, using the "camera" in the right hand corner, after you hit "post a reply" or "reply to post" of someone else.

Thanks Cagsil! I always wondered how to add a picture to the forums! Duh! I never noticed the camera icon on the bottom. Thanks again.

JS~
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6647642_f248.jpg

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering how to do this. smile Thanks. Learn something new everyday...well, actually, many new things, haha! smile

2. J.S.Matthew profile image86

I just sent you a screenshot Jason, via email.

JS~

3. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing this, Matt. I talked to engineering, and it looks like this indeed did exist in comments on Hubs, but it was a bit of a mistake; it should have only appeared in My Account > Comments
    It appears there once you've approved the comment, and makes sense there because there you don't have a field to leave another comment/reply as you do in your Feed or in the Hub's comment section itself.

I have to say that I found it very useful and time saving, not to mention that it helped me to keep track of where I was when I had a lot of comments. I do hope they revert it back to the way it was! I appreciate (as always!) your attention to this matter. Please convince the engineers to put it back! Thanks again!

JS~

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
        Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Matt, you should be able to reply in the same way by just leaving a comment. Not sure how you have your Comments Capsule configured; maybe that requires scrolling to get to the comment field to do that.

I'll have to check my settings. Thanks again Jason.

JS~

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
            Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for letting us know. smile

You are most welcome!

JS~

2. Patkay profile image86
          Patkayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well for me I am not satisfied with this reply button. I believe it is not a matter of configuration, it could be a bug.

I don't see the reason why the reply but should become available after I have already posted one comment. If it is not supposed to appear, then it should not appear after I hit the post comment button. And if it is supposed to appear, it should be there just next to the approve button.

Please, we need the reply button very much. Just as J.S.Matthew said, it was very useful before it was removed/messed up.

4. profile image0
    4youreyesposted 5 years ago

I have had the same problem. I approve a comment and the reply button will not come up until I post a comment using the comment box.

I found it was much easier when the reply button was there When you have more than one comment to answer and there are many comments on the hub it's just easier. 

Thanks for looking into this. I agree with you Patkay. We need the reply button.

working