jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Traffic to my Hubs has taken a big dive today?

1. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 4 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem, my traffic is down to about 30% of recent levels today?

1. Asp52 profile image83
      Asp52posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed a downturn in traffic over the last three days, hopefully my views will return to normal levels.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This happens to me almost every Friday and Saturday, and then they climb back up. Actually Sunday turns out to be very good for me and during the week it remains pretty steady.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

There are several threads on this topic. Not to mention, not everyone is having traffic problems, but many are.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 4 years ago

I've had a big downturn, too, but it is difficult to say whether the downturn is due to a Big G penalization or simply the effect of a warm Saturday. My traffic always dives on the weekend (I call it "sadder-day").

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The nicer the weather outside, the greater the chance that people are not going to be inside on the Internet.

Get used to seeing this pattern until after Labor Day.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Not to mention that it's Mother's Day weekend.

6. truefaith7 profile image90
    truefaith7posted 4 years ago

I've had a huge downturn in traffic as well over the past couple of days, both here at HP and over at Squidoo.

It's hard to say whether it has anything to do with Google or not, but I'd say a large part of it has to do with Mother's Day.

Also, many college/university and high school students worldwide are having their final exams or are headed home for the summer. That could also make a difference in traffic.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great point about the college & university schedule - some even have graduations this weekend.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is probably pertinent.  I know I spent nearly all day yesterday attending a college graduation and get together afterwards for my daughter-in-law.

I doubt I'm the only one.