The specified URL is not working

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 4 years ago

I'm currently writing a hub which will use several videos I have on YouTube. I've imported these into video capsules on the hub, but when in editing mode, I'm getting a message come up on most of the videos saying:

'The specified URL is not working'

However, in preview mode, the videos show OK, and when I click on the play arrow on the videos, they play perfectly well. No problem with running the videos. All the videos on the YouTube site are available for public viewing. Can anyone advise if there is a problem or not, and how to solve it if there is a problem? I'm loathe to re-create the videos because that takes a really long time, so is this just a message fault? When the page is finally published, will visitors to the page (as opposed to myself, the page author) be able to see these videos?

Many thanks.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have run into this problem before and the solution which fixed my problem was to delete the video capsule and insert another. Sometimes, they malfunction.

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cagsil. I know what you mean! Sometimes something does seem to go wrong for no apparent reason, and I've deleted capsules (not just video) and started again.

But I do wonder in this case whether it was because there is a time delay in changes working their way through? When I first uploaded (or is it downloaded?) the videos from YouTube to my HubPage, I was keeping the videos private on YouTube. About 2 days after making them public, the URL message disappeared. I just published the hub - a music hub - today, and (fingers crossed) the videos seem to be OK. Cheers.