What about a HP home page redesign???

1. ktrapp profile image91
    ktrappposted 4 years ago

I'm just curious, with all the redesigning of category pages going on, if HubPages is considering redesigning its home page.

If you log out and look at the HP home page from an outsider's perspective, I find it quite odd that there really is not any visible navigation to the actual content of the website (our hubs). In fact, the navigation to all the topic categories is way at the bottom of the page.

In my very humble opinion, it seems that this all-important front page needs to strike a far greater balance between consumers of information (readers) and attracting new writers.

Honestly, the "recent blog links" and "news" (both info. that only insiders care about) has far more prominence on the home page than the links to the topics that we all write about. Actually, I don't think either of those items or the others in the right side bar even belong on the home page. Besides, they are already more appropriately placed on our feeds.

Oddly, the search box has far greater visibility than the navigation links. Since the majority of  web users choose to click instead of search, the site's navigation should be made far more prominent.

I'm also wondering what impact having the website's navigation so far beneath all other content has, if any, on search bots.

2. bushraismail profile image60
    bushraismailposted 4 years ago

What you say about a visitors perspective is very true.......I think they should have the search box and the categories up or some change about it..

And also the hubs should be wider and the authors details SHOULD be there like before.......I dont like the change 70%. It looks like a blog now..