jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Another one of my hubs stolen and copied on another site.

1. Peggy W profile image89
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

Thanks to that BigE... account that stole and copied so many of our hubs, I am now able to file DMCA reports with ease.  This was on a Blogger site.  My question concerns the timing.  I published my hub on 04-19-2009.  This thief published (my hub) on 07-22-2011.  That is a long time for it to be up and operating before I was notified in May of 2012.  Why does it take that long for duplicate content to be noticed?  It gives the thiefs a long time to benefit from our original work.  Does anyone know the answer?

1. moneytoplist profile image61
      moneytoplistposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How was you notified? Is there any other way how to find stolen content then using copyscape?

Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages notified me.  Every day I check for broken links as well as copied hubs.  Rarely is there a copied hub notification, but I still check.  This one popped up today and I immediately took action.  But it was apparently active for 10 months before I found out about it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Blogger gets rid of stolen content very quickly smile

Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good to know.  Wonder how many other things have been "appropriated" by that author?  Some people simply have no morals!

working