jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Determing What Is Overly Promotional

1. Tod Zechiel profile image83
    Tod Zechielposted 5 years ago

I posted a Hub that featured purchasing a fly rod.  In the article I stressed working through your local fly shop.  I've coordinated with the fly shop owner in my town and he is willing to allow me to photograph his displays for my Hub. In kind, he would like me link his store from my Hub.  I have no problem linking, but would it be considered overly promotional?

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have written a very short hub and you are using more than a single link on that hub I would consider it overly promotional. It's a good idea to provide a link and never use that link again because you will be deemed as promoting that link whether it's repetitive in one hub or across several. Be unique in your writing and as long as it is not a short hub, I would think that you'd be fine. You also might want to use the explore button in the upper right hand corner of HP to get much more detailed info on this.

1. Tod Zechiel profile image83
        Tod Zechielposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Express10 - thanks for a concise answer.  I'll try the explore button as well.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not so.  That rule changed a while ago.  You can promote the same link in every single Hub if you like (provided it's relevant to the subject of the Hub).

The ONLY rule now is that you can't have more than two links to the same site in the same Hub.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
          mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would only be overly promotional if you have more than 2 links to the same site.

2. Tod Zechiel profile image83
    Tod Zechielposted 5 years ago

Thanks to all.  Based on your collective responses, it appears what I want to do is within HubPages' policy.

working