jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Spell-Checker Glitch?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Lately, I have been noticing some odd behavior with the spell-check utility.

Normally, if nothing is misspelled, a dialog box pops up stating, "No misspellings found."

However, if there are wrongly-spelled items, they used to show up underlined in red.

What is happening now, is that there will not be a red underline anywhere in the capsule, and yet the "No misspellings" box does not appear either.

Upon careful manual proofing, I find nothing wrong. (I do proofreading as a sideline, so I'm pretty good at spotting goofs of many kinds); I'm also very good with spelling--there only a few words that trip me up and send me to the dictionary--most of my goofs are typos.

So--what's up with the spell-checker?  I used to write everything in MS Word, then copy-paste it into my hubs; of late, I've been writing directly into the capsules.  Perhaps I should go back to my earlier method???

1. moonlake profile image88
      moonlakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My spell checker has not been working for awhile now. I can't spell so I need it. I don't know what is going on with it.

2. Danieljohnston profile image92
      Danieljohnstonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It does seem to flicker on and off. perhaps it is a browser issue? Is everyone using the same browser?

The safe way to work though - if you cannot live without it - is to use Word, or something that uses a spell checker and just write it out and copy paste.

Also, some browsers like Firefox have an automatic Spell Checker which works with anything you write, on Facebook to Hubpages.

1. Pearldiver profile image88
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No.... I know times are tuff.. but luckily, we all have our own trowsers! big_smile 

So... I can't imagine myself wearing anyone's fat pants...
        I'm lean and mean and I never share undies, socks or shoes!
        But hey... thanks anyway mate! smile

Oh yeah... what you said... twas good! smile

2. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 4 years ago

Glad you brought this up Dz,mine does that too.I use my browser spellcheck but it freezes the scrolling in the text capsule.I have to scroll,click,scroll click to check the entire piece.Kind of a pain in the butt.Oh,and it wont let me crop photos either.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

This has been going on for the better part of two weeks. However, it seems to be an intermittent issue......hmm

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
      Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same problem.

It's really annoying. I've just started utilizing the different capsules properly and so it makes a mockery of the whole thing. I'd grown out of writting on word and then copying and pasting, and then this happens.

Can we hane a speel cheecker hear plaese two. Thnak yoou.

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
        Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Writing! lol!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
        DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this