Sharing Button Glitch

1. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 4 years ago

I just noticed on my "How To Pick A Good Domain Name" and "Good Keywords" hubs that it shows  "Like This Hub" text on the right hand side with the social sharing buttons like Twitter, Facebook, Pinit and HubPages Followers below the text.

Both of these hubs are in the Technology category. This "Share" variation displays on the right side instead of the left side. It stays at the top as you scroll down. Personally I find it slightly annoying and distracting when things float like that. But if it increases social sharing it's probably a decent trade off.

The problem is this: If I click on the scroll bar and drag it down to scroll down the page when the "Like This Hub" text reaches the very top of the viewport it literally jerks the whole page back to the very top! When using this method to scroll the page it is impossible to get past the "Like This Hub" text. Also after it jerks the page back to the top my mouse loses focus on the scroll bar even though I didn't release my left click hold on the scroll bar.

It seems once you scroll past the point that it messes up using a different scroll method then you can grab the scroll bar and pull it downwards without any issues.

Using all other scrolling methods like the mouse wheel, down directional arrow, space bar and PGDN keys all work fine. I'm using Google's Chrome browser version 18.0.1025.168 m on Win7 64 bit.

1. zoey24 profile image83
      zoey24posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too have noticed this on my article i have just published in the Technology category. Also there is no option at the bottom of the hub to share it with Digit, stumble upon etc. And there is no hub score showing either.