Weekly Topic Inspiration: Car Care and Maintenance

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (97 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Cars can save a lot of time and hassle, but they also deserve attention. What important things should we be doing to keep our cars safe, clean, efficient, and functional? Share your car maintenance advice as part of this week’s Weekly Topic Inspiration challenge!

If you’re not quite sure what to write about, consider using one (or more!) of the search-friendly titles below:
    Car Mileage Check Basics: Important Milestones and Actions
    How to Change Your Oil
    Car Maintenance Tips for Busy Drivers
    Car Maintenance Checklist: Don’t Neglect These Things!
    Transmission Service: How Often to Get Transmission Maintenance
    An Essential Vehicle Maintenance Checklist
    How to Clean Your Car in Ten Minutes
    What Problems Should I Check My Car For?
    Car Cleaning Tips for Busy Parents
    How to Clean Your Car: Tips on Cleaning and Keeping Your Car Clean
    How I Got My ___ to Clean My Car for Free
    Buffing a Car: The Basics
    How to Run an Engine Oil Flush
    Car Washing 101: How to Detail a Car
    Essential Car Wash Supplies
    How to Clean a Car Engine: Car Engine Cleaning Tips
    Hand Car Wash Tips for Beginners
    Hand Car Wash vs. Full Car Service
    Hand Car Wash vs. Automated Car Washes
    Steam Car Wash vs. Hand Car Wash
    5 Car Detailing Products for the Perfect Car Washing Kit
    Auto Detail Prices: How much does it cost to get a car detailed?

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

1. Mmargie1966 profile image85
      Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

HA HA HA...still lucky mine runs! I've had it for 7 years and I still love it.  However, it takes a mechanic to cover the things that are important.

I'll catch ya on the flip side, Simone.  smile

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
        Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. profile image0
      kelleywardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't think I could find something on this topic but who am I kidding my boys and I spend a lot of time in our car. I'll going to try to dig deep for this one.

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yay, I'm glad!

3. Kaili Bisson profile image96
      Kaili Bissonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It may not be the right time of year, but I am going to have a go at tips to "Winterize Your Car".

That's a really good idea!

4. MarleneB profile image91
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, at first I thought I would have to sit this week out. My husband does everything when it comes to our vehicles, so I don't know how to do anything but put the key in the ignition and drive. But, this topic got me to thinking about the one thing my husband DOESN'T do - detailing. So, my hub this week is - Auto Detail Prices - How Much Does It Cost to Get a Car Detailed? Here is the link: http://marleneb.hubpages.com/t/303cc1

Oh, this Hub rocks!! I had always wondered what the difference between auto detailing and plain ol' car washes was. I'm quite glad you created this.

5. profile image57
      aleena99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can do it in better way.

1. cardelean profile image86
        cardeleanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well then perhaps you should write a hub about how you can do this better!

1. profile image57

hey can you help me that how to earn money here?

Earning money here is not a quick scheme.  You must spend time writing good quality hubs that people have an interest in reading.

Read the advice from Hubpages in the learning center  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents.  This is a great starting point.  Good luck aleena99!

1. profile image57

I am new here and I am finding it very difficult and tough.

6. ChaplinSpeaks profile image94
      ChaplinSpeaksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Last week I had a tire blow out on a major highway in the middle of road construction. Roadside assistance plan had expired and no family members available to come to my rescue.  Forunately, a nice highway worker came over to change the tire - I think I was blocking their work area!.  A policeman joined the party to keep everyone safe and even stopped traffic for me to get back on the road.  Quite a scene at 8 in the morning and me in my slippers.  There must be a good hub in there somewhere, but I rather not relive it!

2. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Well, Simone, I was hoping to write a weekly hub for this entire month of May, HOWEVER, this one will be a bit more challenging...

Maybe it will inspire more guys to participate this week????    smile

Funny you should say that, Alex has to change my oil this week and guess who will be out there with the camera and a notepad???  big_smile

2. Simone Smith profile image89

Hahaa, I'm hoping that it might, though I think all of us could benefit from considering what we should be doing to better maintain our cars wink

And what lucky timing, cardelean! That works out perfectly!

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

I've got a 20-year-old Ford Ranger that I'm going to run into the ground.  It has less than 100,000 miles.  Is it because I drive like it an old lady? Or is it because I do take care of it?  Maybe both!  I'm taking "Car Mileage Check Basics:  Important Milestones and Actions."

1. ktrapp profile image91
      ktrappposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is this the one with the "my beagle is smarter than your honor student" bumper sticker? Looking forward to the hub.

Way to go, Arlene! Those are two good ones. And LOL@ ktrapp XD

4. profile image0

k, you are so funny.  As one Beaglemom to another, this truck is it!  Where I come from, a truck is a truck.  As far as vehicles go, I want a workhorse to haul stuff.  Not some pampered, wax job 4x4 that has never seen rough terrain.  In the years that I've had it, my truck has paid for itself.  It can't haul a horse trailer, though.  Not enough power.  When I worked around horses, the cowgirls would laugh at me and said that my pickup had enough power and bed for two goats.

Party poops!

Hehee!!

5. Johnrr631992 profile image84
    Johnrr631992posted 11 years ago

I like this weeks topic for inspiration. Never done it before, but the topic caught my eye, and I do write some hubs about detailing, so may add a few more for this weeks inspiration topic.

I'm so glad to hear it, Johnrr631992! Here's hoping you join in on the fun with that detailing guide big_smile

6. Cre8tor profile image93
    Cre8torposted 11 years ago

Thank you Simone for the great ideas here. I think I'll try my hand at this one: How to Clean Your Car: Tips on Cleaning and Keeping Your Car Clean

I have a few suggestions on this since I've been working at keeping my car clean through baseball season and come up with a few pointers and tips.

Thanks again,
    Cre8tor

Good choice! And wow- I bet keeping your car clean despite all the dust and gear is no small feat!

1. Cre8tor profile image93
        Cre8torposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It took a minute since I was busy trying to keep the car clean but here is the hub I published on this. Thank you very much Simone for the great ideas.

http://cre8tor.hubpages.com/hub/how-to-clean-your-car

1. MarleneB profile image91

Hi Cre8tor, you have some really unique and interesting tips. I found several that I'm going to start using right away.

Excellent hub, Cre8tor

1. Cre8tor profile image93
            Cre8torposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marlene and Denise. I am glad you liked and appreciate your feedback very much.

7. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 11 years ago

I'm the last person to write on this topic. I'm terrible with car responsibility. My last oil change was in 2010. :S

When I went in 2010, they gathered everyone in the shop because it had been two years (since 2008) that I'd had an oil change... they all wanted to see what my filter thing looked like. I guess it came out clean and they were all like "OMG" and shouting and stuff. So I didn't get a new filter. Lol.

I DO know how to change oil, though. Maybe I'll do it for a hub. I could change a tire too for another hub.

I'm going to be sure that my husband doesn't read this!  Then when I post my hub on how to change your own oil in a couple of hours, you can read it and get that oil changed!  smile

Ok, so you must have edited your post as I was posting mine! lol.  Glad to know you know how to change your oil!  But I beat you to the guide!  A tire changing guide would be great too!

Melbel, I see this as the perfect opportunity to give your car some much needed TLC- and then write a Hub about it!

8. profile image0

OMG is right, Melbel!  2010 since your last oil change???  Bad, bad, bad!  Shame on you!  I take it you don't use your car that often?  Ay, yi yi.  You got lucky that you didn't get that sludge that comes with old oil. 

Oh, sorry.  I have a 2000 Ford Ranger.  But, if it lasst 20 years as I had first reported, fine with me.  I can always be buried in it!

9. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 11 years ago

Here's mine on changing your oil.  Simone, How to Change Your Oil was taken from a long while ago so I adjusted it slightly.

http://cardelean.hubpages.com/video/Cha … Step-Guide

You did a really amazing job with your oil changing guide. I'm inspired to actually try changing my own oil next time. Imagine how shocked my husband is going to be. I wonder if he'll even let me near the car, since for the past 26 years, I have never done anything mechanical with the car. Excellent hub.

Oh drat! Sorry that was taken. This is such a great Hub! I don't have a car, but I'm glad I know about the process now. The video is SO HELPFUL!!! Ugh, Cara, you rock.

Thanks for the props Simone but I'll happily defer the kudos to my husband since he actually did the oil change.  I was just the busy journalist taking the notes!

3. Denise Handlon profile image85

Great hub there kiddo!  Enjoyed.

10. alissaroberts profile image77
    alissarobertsposted 11 years ago

I wrote about car cleaning tips for parents for this week's topic. Simone, my husband would like to thank you since you inspired me to finally clean out the backseat of my car wink Here is the link to my hub:

http://alissaroberts.hubpages.com/hub/C … sy-Parents

This is a wonderful guide with excellent tips. When my kids were young, #4 and #9 worked extra well for me. Now that the kids are all grown, I'm usually the only one in the car, but I still need to get some motivation for washing the exterior every now and then.

Hehee, I'm happy to have inspired some car cleaning!

The Hub is fantastic. Love the tips, table, and photos! You've touched on some of the most effective tactics used by all the parents I remember from my childhood who had unnaturally clean cars- despite the presence of younglings!

11. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Hmmmm.... well, I was raised as a grease monkey to my dad, who was always fiddling and tinkering with the car. He wouldn't even allow me to get my learner's permit unless I at least knew how to change the oil and a tire.

But I learned so much more.  I can disable a car from being started if I happen to park in a questionable area.. and I can "speak mechanic" and not get ripped off it the repair is beyond my skills, muscle-power or tools I own.

That said, I'm not sure anything in this topic qualifies as "truly original,"  per HP preferences...I think much of it can be found already all over the internet. ... ...

(And, I grew up and learned all of this WAY before cars' operating systems became computer controlled...I know nothing of that aspect.)

12. profile image0

Although I know how to change oil, change a tire and change filters, I have no desire to "wrench."  Other than wandering around an auto junkyard with hubby for parts, I have no interest in tinkering with cars.  I married a man who has saved me wads of cash because he can fix computers and automobiles.  You don't want me near automobiles or computers.  Computers, I can put together, but I also stand a good chance of "frying" the motherboard.  It is what it is.   

http://arlenevpoma.hubpages.com/hub/Car … nd-Actions

That's a convenient person to have relations with! Quite the helpful Hub, too. Even if you aren't doing car maintenance yourself, you've got to know when to GET that maintenance!

2. MarleneB profile image91

Your hub is a helpful guide to get people pointed in the right direction when it comes to maintenence. Whether people drive their vehicles a little, or if they drive them to the max, like me, maintenence is so important. Really nice hub, Arlene.

13. Shesabutterfly profile image94
    Shesabutterflyposted 11 years ago

This wasn't one of your suggested titles Simone, however it seems to fit pretty well with the theme. I have compiled a roadside emergency kit hub to go along with all the cleaning this topic has brought about. I figured while I'm cleaning out the car I might as well assemble an emergency kit for those of us who may find ourselves stranded or in an accident.

http://shesabutterfly.hubpages.com/hub/ … and-Trucks

It certainly does, Shesabutterfly! Having a roadside kit strikes me as a REALLY good idea.

Your hub gives some great advice. Packing at least some of the items you suggest will help make a roadside emergency so much easier.

14. profile image0

Strictly promotional and doesn't belong on WTI.  Reported this post by thomassau12 to HubPages administration, requesting that it be removed.

Thank you, Arlene. What's funny about it all is that I came here to read the latest post. I started reading what thomasau12 wrote. In my mind, I was agreeing with her and all, then I thought, 'Wait a minute...' This sounds like the same thing I said. Thank you for letting me know what its all about. And, thank you for reporting it.

15. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Right--and when I checked it out, Firefox reported: "This site has a poor reputation based on user ratings."

View rating details and comments"warning--site has poor rating."

I went back and picked up the exact message...but eliminated the URL that was included, so as not to give the fool any "props."

Yes, good, DzyMsLizzy. You just taught me what to do in the future.

16. profile image0

Good for you, MsLizzy!  I will not hesitate to report these freaks.

17. profile image0

DZYMSLIZZY, I don't know how to check an identity and remove a URL.  I've had a couple of people trying to sell their shoes and makeup, using my Hubs.  All I could do was report them.  MARLENE, at least this twit didn't copy your entire Hub.

Arlene, I know... that's the other thing about the post - I was about to get angry, thinking she had also placed a link to my hub with her name on it. Then I saw it was something entirely different. I don't get what people like that are thinking. I guess they're thinking people don't really read what other people write. Oh well, now I know what to expect if I see something like that again.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Arlene--
        I've had a few people put promotional links in the comments on my hubs.  .. usually from non-HP users..  I simply deny the comment & delete it.

18. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 11 years ago

Hi Simone,

Landed here by accident and as I know a little about this subject and since the ladies invited men, I thought I might have a go at answering but first let me say I'm delighted to see the ladies take an interest in their vehicles. This may be normal in the USA and if so my deepest apologies but in Ireland the ladies generally view this subject like most men view washing, ironing and cooking.

I'll be doing an article on general car ownership, car care and car maintenance.

P.S. Love the colour of the Porsche in the picture though I'm not a fan of sports cars unless they are on a race track and not the public road. Shame they didn't paint the calipers the same colour as the car instead of yellow,
    MJ.

It was a very lucky accident that you ended up here, mjkearn! I've loved the Hubs you've published on this subject. And thanks! I saw that Porche on one of my lunch breaks near HubPages HQ and just HAD to have a photo of it. I can't believe it was just... sitting there on a busy city street!

1. profile image0
        mjkearnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone,
        thanks for the comments and I'm very happy you enjoyed. Should you decide to go for a car, keep that colour but not that model as that will kill your budget,
        MJ.

19. Kaili Bisson profile image96
    Kaili Bissonposted 11 years ago

Finally done! I was lacking inspiration as I have been in my garden enjoying the sunshine.
    http://kailibisson.hubpages.com/hub/Winterize-Your-Car

My husband takes care of my car and I learned something I can't wait to share with him. Great and useful information on your hub. I'm glad I read it.

Hahaa, I suppose it's hard to think about winterizing cars with the weather being so nice, but it never hurts to be prepared!

20. profile image0

DzyMsLizzy:  Yes, I did the same on those.  I find it very annoying that these people use our Hubs for "business" purposes.  Not that they have much of a business in the first place.

21. profile image0

Hi all,
    just published a hub on car care and car maintenance. There is so much advice on these topics that I tried to simplify the needs of your car and give you an idea as to what is required for annual maintenance. Hope it helps,
    MJ.
    http://mjkearn.hubpages.com/hub/car-own … guide?done

I learned that I need to get better at a few things regarding maintenance. Your hub is very humorous, but filled with a lot of good advice.

1. profile image0

Hi Marlene B,
        thanks for comments. I'm very happy you found it humerous and got some useful info, thanks again,
        MJ.

More splendid advice! You're such a car guru, mjkearn. I'm really glad you're sharing your expertise!

1. profile image0

Hi Simone,
        thanks for comments and I've been called many things but never a guru, I like it, but I might get a big head and a big head on a short man is a dangerous thing, I'd probably fall over, thanks again,
        MJ.

22. profile image0

Hi all,
    decided that I couldn't say all I wanted to in one hub, so I did another couple, one on detailing and valeting:
    http://mjkearn.hubpages.com/hub/diy-aut … and-tricks

and one on how to wash your car, remove tar spots and brake dust from your wheels:
    http://mjkearn.hubpages.com/hub/how-to- … nd-bubbles

1. Kaili Bisson profile image96
      Kaili Bissonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you have been busy! I left a comment on your first hub and will go back and look at the others. I really need to do a better job about washing and vacuuming my car!

1. profile image0

Hi Kaili,
        thanks for comments and I really enjoyed your hub on winterising your car,
        MJ.

I read both of these and found them to be quite valuable. I learned a lot about detailing and washing cars, especially little tricks to get the car to look especially nice.

1. profile image0

Hi Marlene B,
        thanks for your comments and I'm so happy I had something useful to say,
        MJ.

3. Simone Smith profile image89

Dude mjkearn, you're on fire with this subject! How fantastic.

Absolutely loved the Hub on detailing. The soap and bubbles one is great, too! Now I know better about tar spots. Your car Hubs rock!

1. profile image0

Hi Simone,
        So dude, guru and rocking hubs, you're definitely going to give me a big head. You're too kind and I'm so happy you enjoyed,
        MJ.

23. profile image0

Hi Kaili,
    thanks for your comments and my deepest apologies as I've just realised that I forgot to link your hub and I had it listed with the others. I'm not sure if I can do it here but I can't see any reason why not. Kaili's hub on winterizing your vehicle, great maintenance advice and excellent tip on the battery terminals, a must read for all:
    http://kailibisson.hubpages.com/hub/Winterize-Your-Car

thanks again Kaili and I hope you find something useful in the other hubs,
    MJ.

1. profile image0

And Finally,
      for this week anyway and pity I didn't see this topic at the start of the week, as I think I might have had a little to say on the subject, ha.

Tips for 100k+ miles of driving:

http://mjkearn.hubpages.com/hub/car-mai … of-driving

Another fine hub. You really know your stuff! Thank you for sharing with such detailed information.

1. profile image0

Hi Marlene B,
          so happy you enjoyed and thanks for your comments. I'm happy to share and it's very gratifying and encouraging when someone such as yourself comments, thanks again,
          MJ.

Great hub, mjk. smile

1. profile image0

Hi Denise,
          thanks for your comments and very happy you enjoyed,
          MJ.

3. profile image0
        Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

100,000 miles.  A subject dear to my heart and my vehicle.

1. profile image0

Hi Arlene,
          thanks so much for this comment  and the others you made, you rock, thanks again,
          MJ.

4. Simone Smith profile image89

This Hub got me to look at that milestone from a completely new (and far more practical) perspective. Love it!

1. profile image0

Hi Simone,
          thanks again for your comments and I have to take my hat off to you, as we would say for answering everyones posts. Not an easy job but done to perfection. Well done you and thanks again,
          MJ.

2. Howard S. profile image89
      Howard S.posted 11 years ago

So much socializing going on here that I don't know how you guys manage to write at the same time! This week was the first I looked at the topic, though I used to do HubMobs before that program stopped. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this week's topic is stuff I write about. I already have photos for a few that weren't written yet, along with several other to-do titles.

Last week I did one on repairing leather and vinyl seat rips that would have been great here. Anyway, this has been a busy week, so I only managed one hub, but I think you'll like it. I try to write what hasn't been written 1000 times already.

Checking Tire Pressures for OEM & Aftermarket Wheels & Tires

This is... BEYOND useful! What an incredible Hub, Howard S.! I'm glad that this week's topic suited you so well.

Howard S., you provided a lot of interesting and useful information about this subject. A truly marvelous job.

3. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Hey everyone! The new WTI thread is up, and this week's theme is insurance. It has high revenue potential, and even if you're not an expert, chances are you've learned quite a few lessons in your days that you can share.  I hope you'll join us!

Oh boy! I JUST got off the phone with my insurance company. I'm sure I'll find this topic interesting on one level or another.

Hi Simone-I am still working on the car maintenance hub and took lots of photos.  I know I missed the 'deadline' but I have to finish it and post it or my friend will be disappointed since I interviewed him.   To be continued...

1. Howard S. profile image89
          Howard S.posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does the WTI program work like the old HubMob did, where questions were never closed? Yes, the topic may have shifted and the audience moved on, but the hub still "answers the question."

In that case, we should be able to go back and answer any WTI question ever asked, no matter how old. If so, is there any advantage to searching for a question that a hub written for no particular purpose would answer?

1. Denise Handlon profile image85

Hi HOward, thanks for the response here.  I appreciate it.  Actually, it does work like the old Hubmob and I will finish this hub and post it, although the DISADVANTAGE, is that the participants here have 'moved on' to the next WTI, smile

4. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Finally!!!!  Here is my contribution to this weeks topic:   

http://denisehandlon.hubpages.com/hub/D … ake-Change

All about brake maintenance.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)