jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Private to do list

1. LauraGT profile image86
    LauraGTposted 4 years ago

Hi there,

I think it would be great to have a place on hubpages where I could keep a to do list for myself.  For example, I sometimes approve comments and then later want to go back and respond. Or, sometimes I see a hub I want to update, but need to do it later. It would be private, but it would help me manage my work here!

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was about to agree with Cags then I remember that I watch a lot of youtube videos and sometimes I want to save one for watching later since I don't really subscribe. All I do is click the watch later clock thing at the bottom of the  video. If we could have a save for later thing that would be great.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Again, why can this not be done offline? lol

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you want to have that functionality on HP, then maybe too much time is being spent here? There are plenty of "to do" things I need to keep track of, and I'd rather have them in one place than scattered across different applications. HP recently got rid of bookmarks, because bookmarking is something any browser can handle.

To Aficionada's post, there probably isn't much interest here for this feature. But it never hurts to put out the idea.

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Sally's Trove, and - yes - I agree that it doesn't hurt to put the idea out there; how else can we gauge whether others like it?  One thing that appeals to me about having the list online is that I occasionally work from different computers, and I like the idea that I could access the HP To-Do list from anywhere.

Also, there are some HP tasks that may take weeks or even months to bubble onto my "A" list; I don't like the idea of including them with my everyday To-Do lists, because they take up space and add to a sense of not having accomplished what I want to do, if they get dragged onto the list and repeated from day to day.  I like the idea that I could log onto HP and check my list to see whether I have double-checked all of my Hubs for "X" (whatever the most recent recommendation is, lol) - or whether I started doing that but never finished the job.

There are other ways to create a similar online list, of course.  I just need to check into them!

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Isn't this something you could do offline? wink

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

It sounds like a good idea but like Cags said, why not d it offline. I use reminders like MS sticky notes and Micro works calender to help

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There are special apps and entire websites devoted to helping people manage lists of tasks which are already fully developed and in action.  No need to reinvent the wheel...

5. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

I would like to endorse LauraGT's idea, but also mention that it will probably not be implemented because there seem to be not enough Hubbers who are interested, or perhaps it may not be cost-effective for HP.  It has actually been proposed at various times, or rather some variant of the idea has been.

As for the fact that it can be managed offline or with special apps:  couldn't the same thing be said about the word count function and spellcheck that are included in editing mode?  Those tasks can be managed offline, but they are included as a way of making us better, more efficient, more effective Hub writers.  IMO, the same is true of having an online HP To-Do List or Notepad-type function -- the idea is to make us better, more efficient and effective.  Some of us would use it and some would not - just as we don't all use the HP spellcheck function.

But, having said all this, I'll say again that I believe it's a lost cause to lobby for it.  sad

1. LauraGT profile image86
      LauraGTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, i do do it offline, but that's an extra step in a different application.  It would be nice to have it in some personal place on hubpages, so I could just easily toggle over when I'm here (rather than having to open some other website or doc).

6. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Just an idea:

Start a hub titled "to do list".  Fill in your "to do" things.  Do not publish hub.