jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Magazine Format

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I just ran across this website: http://issuu.com/ and find their tactile format very friendly.

Wouldn't it be fun to have our hubs in this format?

What are your thoughts?

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
      Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's the way the Internet is going. The growth of sites like Pinterest, Digg, Reddit and the like, combined with apps like Pulse, Zite and Flipboard are ushering a new era for the Web.

And they all intergrate seamlessly with Facebook and Twitter.

Everything gets shared with the smallest tap on your phone or tablet.

Long lists of Google SEO content heavy search results will disappear into the night within the next few years.

Hubpages needs to embrace this fully or get left way behind.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I am not sure how a newsstand site translates to what most people write hubs about?

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
      Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Because everybody will share content on their phones and tablets.

Apps like Pulse are mainstream news apps but you can choose what sources to have and in what order. You can have the Lonely Planet Travel Blog or even your Aunt Fanny's cookery blog next to the NBC News and The New York Times. On Pulse on my phone I have my own Hubpages sub domain scrolling between The Daily Telegraph and BBC News! I can share any article to anybody with a two taps.

Content will still be King. Even more so.

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Since I read Hubs late at night to relax, the last thing I want would be all these distractions coming at me.  To me, the layout is much too busy.  This is enough for me to bypass.