jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Duplicate Content Hubpages Is Posting Themselves

1. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 4 years ago

I noticed that a lot of people over the last six months or so have frequently discussed removing their under performing content and reposting it elsewhere once the content is deindexed, or just removing it all together.

This makes total sense to me and thought I would give it a try.

I found some backlinks I had posted out to hubs that were now removed, and when I clicked on them, it takes you to a page with the same URL that your page had, but it says:

"No longer published
    The article you are looking for is no longer published. The author may have chosen to unpublish it, or it may have been unpublished by a moderater because of a violation of HubPages rules.

Back to HubPages

If you are the author of this page, sign in and you can edit or republish your Hub."

If there's 1000 pages that got taken down in the last few months (example number, I don't have any statistics), and they all say that now, that's 1000 pages of duplicate content.  Sure, your content its self was "deindexed" and you can post it wherever now, and of course because it's a page duplicate it's not going to rank in Google so it SEEMS to be gone, but I assure you, it's not.

1. janderson99 profile image85
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

See Paul E's lastest hubs re: 404's
      http://pauledmondson.hubpages.com/hub/S … t-May-2012

1. Garrett Mickley profile image80
        Garrett Mickleyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  Usually when there's a 404 there's some kind of indication in the URL, I was thrown for a loop when I looked up and saw that there was none, but if it is infact a 404 page then my OP can be dismissed!

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Redirect notices are not judged as 'content'.