jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Difference between Forums an Q & A now with "comments"

1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 4 years ago

What is the difference between Q & A and the forums now that answers on the Q & A have a comment option?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Beats me. 

The only real difference I can see is that comments on the Q & A have a character limit, so you can't have long, detailed debates about anything.

1. brakel2 profile image84
        brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@ Dubuque Dogtrainer - Many of those who answer appear to be genuinely interested in the question and give knowledgeable answers. They often answer  questions in their expertise. The questions and answers sharpen my brain, for one, and is a learning experience. The forum is a discussion of opinions on a particular topic. Both serve a good purpose on HubPages.

1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
          Dubuquedogtrainerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm...I have had a different experience on the Q & A....and will be more cautious in answering so thoroughly now that I have had others steal my answers to write their own hubs. Also, some of the questions on the Q & A are quite more like discussion questions or polling questions and it is often unclear as to the difference between the Q & A and the forums....however, I think I understand now a little better since receiving an answer from the HP team.

working